shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it hard to size sterling silver rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I found a gorgeous one at Lord and Taylor today, but I''m a 5.5 and it''s a 7. Could any jeweler size it for me, and if so about how much would it cost? Thank so much!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Peony

Yes, most jewelers can size a silver ring easily, but doing it successfully depends on the ring.

Does it have stones in it? If it does then the stones may need to be removed and reset, so they don''t burn when soldering it back together.

Reducing the size from a 7 to a 5 1/2, will involve bending the shank of the ring inwards, so even if it doesn''t have stones in it, it could change the appearance of the design.

RE: Price - Hard to say what that will be because it could be simple to do or complex, and without a photo of it, can''t provide much more salient advice.

Rockdoc

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rocdoc! The ring is a light purple emerald-cut CZ flanked by two small clear CZ trillions. The rest of the shank is completely plain. I don''t know if that changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results