Is it fair to return?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No

Votes: 50 98.0%

• Total voters

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
I just realized that I have two pieces of David Yurman jewelry that my husband purchased, most likely, 15 years ago. They still have the sticker on the box and pouch. Worn less than 10 times.

This is Nordstroms return policy from their FAQ:

Is there a time limit? What if the item is worn?
We will do our best to take care of customers and deal with them fairly; we ask that our customers treat us fairly as well. From time to time we may not accept a return. There are no time limits for returns or exchanges.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EDIT:
I misread the timeframe.
Yeah, no. Completely unreasonable.

Unless they were limited edition or discontinued and desirable or special orders - in which case you’ll get more selling them Preloved in today’s currency anyway.

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
On this, if you feel like you have to ask I think you know your answer.

I would not return or exchange something that was 15 years old and had been worn around 10 times.

I would look to sell my items on the second hand market. Ymmv!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had the pieces for 15 years? You wore them 10 times? Come on, that's not a reasonable return unless your name is Karen.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Costco takes Christmas tree returns after Christmas. I've seen it and I find it an abuse of their return policy. The people only used the tree once.

I know a Nordstrom manager. There was a huge to-do over a woman returning her wedding dress 10+ years later. She wore it once. (They did not honor the return.)

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted No. But you may be able to sell it as pre-owned/pre-loved.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I just returned them! Just kidding.

Here they are, going off to fashionphile or lounging in my drawer for another 15 years.

IMG_2008.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted no for all the reasons given about by other posters. But I do have to wonder—did the pieces appreciate in value after 15 years? Or did they become classic vintage? Lol.

W

westofhere

Yurnan has appreciated (although their turquoise has been been to be reconstituted—ugh).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted return them because they probably appreciated in value and Nordstrom can sell them at the Rack for more than you paid.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
What exactly would be your reason for return after all this time?
*oh I decided after 15yrs and wearing them 10 times I actually didn’t like them after all* ‍♀️

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because they allow it. That’s Nordstrom policy, return for any reason and she still has the original receipts . Lots of things at the Rack are pre owned and returned. If they are in great shape they will get resold. It’s high end stuff.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Because they allow it. That’s Nordstrom policy, return for any reason and she still has the original receipts . Lots of things at the Rack are pre owned and returned. If they are in great shape they will get resold. It’s high end stuff.

So when they ask why you are returning it, the answer is *Because I can*.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results