shape
carat
color
clarity

Is GIA Ruby cert saying transparent a joke?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1441303117|3923178 said:
minousbijoux|1441302215|3923165 said:
digdeep et al:

It is not a good idea to respond to this poster. If we all go about our business and overlook this poster, perhaps they will move on to Gemology Online where the professionals hang out, or realize that maybe they should tone down the rhetoric and incoherent writing style to get more response. :bigsmile:

Is it a violation against the forum policy that you post the name of the other forum??

In my opinion it is unfair what you are doing.

Yes, I know. I knowingly did it in the hopes that the OP will find a more appropriate forum, one geared to the professionals who can more readily answer his questions. In this case, I am willing to incur the ire of Ella.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1441303029|3923177 said:
Thank you Minous.

I know that it's difficult because no one here wants to see misinformation spouted left and right, uncorrected, but replying just means that it literally doesn't end.

It's very satisfying seeing that no one has replied to several of the multiple threads started. Makes me proud of everyone for acting like adults. If everyone just refuses to reply, then you are left with someone who is simply talking to themselves; and eventually they will get bored with receiving no attention and leave. It's that simple.

You and I are so on the same page, Katharath. Chalk it up to motherhood, eh? ;))

katharath

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1441313149|3923285 said:
katharath|1441303029|3923177 said:
Thank you Minous.

I know that it's difficult because no one here wants to see misinformation spouted left and right, uncorrected, but replying just means that it literally doesn't end.

It's very satisfying seeing that no one has replied to several of the multiple threads started. Makes me proud of everyone for acting like adults. If everyone just refuses to reply, then you are left with someone who is simply talking to themselves; and eventually they will get bored with receiving no attention and leave. It's that simple.

You and I are so on the same page, Katharath. Chalk it up to motherhood, eh? ;))

Lol, sounds good to me, you're probably right :)

Cognition

Shiny_Rock
It was fun, but I have already a little bit bored. How to report this guy to the site's admin?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cognition|1441345385|3923464 said:
It was fun, but I have already a little bit bored. How to report this guy to the site's admin?

If you look at the prior page of this thread, Ella posted a comment cautioning us to reign in our behavior so the moderators are fully aware of the situation.

ilovegems95

Rough_Rock
drruby|1441051072|3921769 said:
Don't know who that is and I'm sure the forum mod can verify through my email I'm USA based and have a legal background and wallet.

As to a personal gem lab setup, I'm not a dealer, I'm a major ruby investor and yeah I have my own lab gear and I do shows as a buyer/investor. I walk around shows with my gear and buy as a collector/investor, and I use a wifi microscope on my iphone and my loop is lighted and I carry a digital scale and caliper and in my area when jewelers I know come across something they're not sure of, they all ask me to come over and look before they lay large dough into a rock.

So if this forum doesn't want investors that actually know stones, yeah maybe I should leave.

I will never consider AGL or GIA for a report again, Dr. Ruby and his/her wifi microscope are all I need. :angel:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
you know what I should do with my vast expertise

start buying up every 1carat to 2carat GIA no heat ruby there is for sale

start a grading lab DR RUBY LAB

issue 2nd cert

this is DR RUBY grades for

Color
Clarity
Cut
TRANSPARENCY

My official opinion on a ruby

I could triple the value of no heat GIA certs with DR RUBY on them

haha

Heirloomjewls

Rough_Rock
Wow!! With your incredible knowledge and experience you should help GIA to become real colored gem experts - would be great!!!!
think dr. Ruby is correct

Heirloomjewls

Rough_Rock
Wow did hit a nerve here?

haha

Facts

2005 the GIA was caught having graders being bribed for higher grades

2006 GIA lead glass filled ruby report stated LGF was durable for jewelry and benchwork

Now what do they say?

Now for common carbon cert's the GIA did create what De Beers asked them to do, a way to grade common carbon, hence 4C's

So I'll give GIA credit for 4C's and grading common carbon but no serious colored gem collector would ask the GIA anything about colored gems, that's pretty much a universal OPINION on them as far as colored gems go.

It's not stupid, it's not biased, it is what it is, GIA is a puppet of De Beers which is the cartel of the Rothschild's and JP Morgan/Chase banking/Illuminati cartel.

Who gained by the 4C's creating the illusion of common carbon being rare? De Beers.

Who financed De Beers Rothschild and JP Morgan.

So if you understand big business and banking you understand GIA is just creating a fake value based on a created rarity standard to help whom? De Beers aka Illuminati.

Now many moons ago I did collect some carat IFs and after one of the top degreed people ever at GIA (the wife of a partner) showed me in 1983 lab diamonds floating in SG fluid and how man could now create flawless diamonds, I said good bye to carbon and hello to AL3O2

Now if you are a serious level colored gem collector, and you value what the GIA says, well that would be an amazing thing in my opinion since I don't know any serious colored gem collectors that take the GIA seriously.

Next thing I'll be seeing is people saying the Illuminati and Bilderbergers and the CFR and aren't real. LOL

I myself use my own opinion since I have a pretty well developed gemology lab and after buying colored gems in five decades I know what real gems look like at 25x. When I go to any show to buy I whip out my wifi-microscope and jaws drop as I view the stone on my iphone.

So yeah I'm a dummy I guess, but I do know rubies.
Too bad you are not around dr. Ruby, I would love to talk to you.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I immediately lost respect for OP when he didn't respond to how he would detect diffusion using a lighted microscope. Chemical solutions and a lighted microscope do not a lab make. FTIR is needed these days, unless you can trust your source.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dr Ruby, I wasn't aware that the GIA or any other lab actually 'certified' anything. My understanding is they issue a report of their findings and opinions. This is different than a certification. Do you offer CERTIFICATIONS?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results