shape
carat
color
clarity

Is buying a "Used" engagement ring bad luck?

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Take the vintage ring and place it in a clear container filled with dry sea salt. Make sure the ring is covered with the salt. Leave it there overnight and it will be cleansed of any lingering energy or "juju". Seriously, it's a thing - it's not weird and don't ask me why I know this, lol.

But remember, if bad juju can attach to an object, so can good juju. The ring may have been previously owned by someone amazing, and you'd be erasing that too.

Perhaps wear it and get a feel for it. If it's speaking anything negative to you, or seems to be wreaking any havoc in your life, cleanse it per the above and see what happens.

I've had hundreds of vintage pieces come through and have had no reports of bad juju ever. I have, however, had many reports of people feeling an almost spiritual connection to a particular piece - this is why I often feel that a vintage piece chooses you, rather than the other way around. I do think they each give off their own energy, and that may not be something you want to get rid of.

Now, let the teasing commence! :p

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Cool Erica! But maybe I would not try this because as you said it may erase the spiritual connection that is already there and everything good.
I have had something else that was really strange happen once with jewelry. My mom is also a real antique and vintage jewelry lover. She once bought a beautiful amethyst silver pendant and chain I believe at a flea market. At home she noticed that the pendant opened up and held a very old photo. On the photo there was a couple and the woman looked exactly like me, her daughter. Even stranger that although she bought this piece abroad there was handwriting on the back of the photo in our language, it was only partially legible but it definitely contained the word love. She has always worn this piece as a good luck charm. Perhaps we are drawn to pieces that have positive energy for us or link us to our pasts or people that were alike. I am sure the people on the photo were no longer alive, yet they were the same nationality, with a very clear resemblance to me whom my mom has always had a very strong spiritual connection with.

Ok, maybe we are really making the nonbelievers in anything spiritual tear their hair out now.:)))

moomie14

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses - they are fun to read!

the_universe

Rough_Rock
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." Seneca

money = preparation
this moment in time looking for an ering = preparation
used ring with a great stone at a great price = opportunity

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I cant' really add much but put me in the boat of loving OEC's! I would have been thrilled if my original ering was an old cut! They are so much more romantic to me in a way. I don't like the world used as much as they already have heart and soul! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results