shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anything ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
After my Zales experience (with the clueless sales associate) I was wondering... is it ever ok to buy anything at Zales or other chain stores like it? Would a plain gold band from there be of a different quality than something online or at a "real" jewelers? What about watches?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're safe on a watch as long as you know what brand you want. But even then, those are easy to buy online as well. You might be okay with a plain gold band, but theirs could be lighter weight or something. I'd probably not buy a ring there. But something like gold or silver earrings would be okay.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly if you see something you *love* and you are educated about it (knowing you could get a better price and quality online) I think it is fine.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know that I would buy anything for myself at a maul store, just because I know what deals can be had online, but I wouldn''t pass up a gift purchased there.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I wondered because we have already purchased my fiancee''s band there and could possibly return or resell the band for a better quality one if recommended. Its hammered white gold with a yellow gold milgrained edge and comfort fit. It is very heavy and looks nice... honestly though we will probably get him something a little nicer in a couple of years anyway once he is done with his grad school so I think this one will work for now. He really likes it though
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what, if he likes it and it''s what you expect for the grade of gold that you bought, then I say stay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results