shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone following the Chris Brown/Rihanna Case?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
this is just so awful. I really liked a lot of his music. My teenage girls were really into his music as well. Now we don''t even listen to anything he has done. I can''t even listen to his stuff on my Ipod any longer. My daughters are the same way.

Even though we all do not really know the stars , actors, musicians ect. Chris Brown just really seemed like a good kid. What a jerk!!! He has ruined his career. I can''t ever imagined him ever coming back from this. Poor Poor Rihanna. I hope she gets the help she needs to realize she does not ever need to live this way.

I saw Nicole Browns Sister on TV tonight making a plea for Rihanna to get the help she needs and stay away from Chris. She was saying how easily Rihanna could end up dead like her sister did at the hands of OJ.By the sounds of the police report she is lucky she is luck to be alive.

So so sad. I wonder how many people in the music business knew this was going on. There had to be something that people knew. Not this extent. But, there had to be something......I read a report today as well that she told the police she had been experiencing escalating violence the last few weeks with Chris.

This is so sickening. She can be a role model to so many women and young girls. she could really make an impact by using this situation to make a difference. If she only gets he help she needs to become strong..

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Ugh I just read the CNN article. I''m flabergasted that she got back together with him. I was before I read that but now I''m really saddened more than ever. Chris Brown is from my DH''s hometown. Tiny little town in Virginia. What a disgrace he is.

Not to threadjack but this whole topic has hit very close to home lately. My best friend is living with a woman that has been known to punch when she''s pissed. Now I know that he''s a man, and she''s a woman (as my guy friends love to remind me) but I don''t see how it''s somehow ''ok''. Last Friday night I went to a bar with him and she was wasted and pissed off and ignoring him. We went to leave because she was blowing us off and she stood up, grabbed him and started punching him in the arm, chest whatever. He walked away and I was in shock. She''s done this before apparently and he said dont'' ever hit me again. Then they moved in together and things have been fine and now this. We left he said he wasn''t going to put up with it. She called, screaming all kinds of garbage at him, said she was moving out etc. He said he''d talk to her later when she was calm. I dropped him off. She went home later and destroyed his dresser. Threw the drawers out, broke it etc.

Next day, things were still bad but by Sunday they were back together. Of course she apologized but somehow implied that he''d deserved her anger for not responding to her email about going out and getting too trashed on Friday night. Well of course she was wasted when we saw her so, hypocrite. I''m supposed to see them on Sunday, my DH will be with me. I don''t want to get involved in their relationship beyond me advising my friend to not put up with that crap but I feel that I have to say something to her about how crappy she was to me as well while I was standing there.

Sorry for the threadjack. I''m just really upset about all of this. Most people I know are supportive but I''m just really saddened by how many people think it''s not that big of a deal when a woman beats on someone. Hitting your mate isn''t ok period. My sister-in-law''s ex-girlfriend shoved her into a coffee table. She has a huge scar across her chin. It makes me so angry when this type of stuff happens.

I am not going to say I''m super suprised about why people go back to bad abusive relationships. I''ve been in some emotionally abusive ones, and somewhat physically abusive ones when I was younger. Although I did draw the line but probably not soon enough. I''m lucky though that I made it through those times and didn''t go back. I really hope Rihanna can get some help. I''m surprised her father supports her decision to get back together with Chris Brown. I wonder what he thinks about this police report.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Violet, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Domestic abuse comes in all shapes and sizes...and it''s always hardest to hear about when it effects those we love. I hope, someday, your friend finds the strength to get out the relationship and move on with his life, he certain deserves better for himself than that.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
As far as the Rihanna case is concerned...the more information that is released, the more horrific the whole situation becomes in my opinion. Esspecially details like her mouth filled with blood ... or ... blood splatter covered her dress and inside of the vehicle. I find myself either listening or reading with my mouth gapping open in shock, disgust, and horror.

The biting esspecially pushes me over the edge...that''s behavior of a wild animal. Why bite her? Smashing her face into a window...continually punching her while driving....choaking her to the point of almost passing out... Chris Brown disgusts me...I really hope now that the details have been exposed, radio stations and networks that play his videos'' and music stop. There is nothing redeeming about this man...and he shouldn''t be rewarded with positive airtime at all, for any reason. If anything, we need to start spending the time we would have spent showing a video or playing a track, educating the youth that looked up to this couple as icon''s about the dangers of abusive relationships.

I always think back to when I was younger and idolized Britney & Justin. I was so impressed by them, their talent, and their seemingly perfect relationship. While I was on the outter edge of being truly effected by celebrity...I still bought the magazines, and watched the interviews. And when they broke up, I was still uber-curious as the the why''s. So, I cannot imagine what today''s impressionable youth is feeling/thinking when it comes to this topic. Rihanna and Chris were this generations Britney and Justin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results