shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a table of 66 Too big for a square princess cut diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I just spoke to a jewlerer and gave them the specs on a diamond I am thinking of purchasing tomorrow. Of course they are trying to get me not to buy the stone and creating doubt. I just called them for a Tacori setting and mentioned the diamond and they told me they are a wholesaler and have very competitive pricing. I did my homework on this site for a while and I thought this looked great. If I follow the table from gemappraisers it comes up as an Ideal cut stone. They told me a table of 66 for a square is considered very large and that it should be between 57 and 62. Are they accurate or just being sales people.

Thanks alot

The stone I am considering is as follows:

G
VS2
6.20C6.07X4.22
depth 69.5
table 66
girdle slightly thick
Culet none
polish vg
sym vg
flor none
comments none
Price $7280

RADIANTMAN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They''re wrong. most princesses have tables over 70%, and many people consider tables as big as 75% to be acceptable. 66% is a great table size for a princess. In fact, as far as you can tell from the limited info available to us, the diamond you''re considering looks like a great stone, though without actually seeing it you cannot be sure.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi thanks very much. I was quite prod of myself and thought I did real well. I have actually seen the diamond it and it gorgeous. I looked at 30-40 stones and most had tables much larger than 66 and most had tables larger than the depth or were too deep. This one outshown the others by far. I thought it was a sales tactic but wanted to be sure.

Take Good care and thanks for the quixk response.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 2:39:34 PM
Author: RADIANTMAN
They''re wrong. most princesses have tables over 70%, and many people consider tables as big as 75% to be acceptable. 66% is a great table size for a princess. In fact, as far as you can tell from the limited info available to us, the diamond you''re considering looks like a great stone, though without actually seeing it you cannot be sure.
ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results