shape
carat
color
clarity

Is $200/yr good price for a Chubb policy for 11k diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrhammer2u

Rough_Rock
I bought my diamond for 11k from a wholesaler so I am sure it will appraise for more. I was just going to cover it for the purchase price to keep the premium low. The diamond will be set, it''s an engagement ring. The difference between 11k of coverage and 15k of coverage was $50/yr. I am just wondering if $200/yr is a good deal.

Thanks so much!!

RB

frazzledphoey

Rough_Rock
I need to get insurance too... I heard typical policy''s cost b/w 1% - 3% of the diamond. So it sounds like you are within range...

Ralph

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s about right. I just had a rider added onto my renter''s policy and it was about the same price. It''s totally worth it for peace of mind.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Chubb is a far different type policy than adding to homeowners type or replacement type.

Instead of comparing prices read the policies to see how claims are settled. I think you''ll find that Chubb is a little higher - but the coverage is far better than the replacement policies.

There is a lot on the forum about this. Just search under the keyword insurance in this forum, and you''ll get lots of info.

Rockdoc

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My Chubb policy was $138/yr for $10,200 worth of coverage.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
The cost of the insurance will vary with your location in the country. It is more expensive in NYC than in Podunk.

ps. Nothing against people in Podunk!
1.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Is it true that if you file a claim for the diamond, the rest of your policy premium shoots up? Is Chubb not like this bc it''s not a rider? Do all riders carry this risk, and if not, how do you tell?

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
leeenie
good question. ask you agent, will vary from case to case, depending on prior claims experience.

nicoly

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 11
6.gif
3:52 AM
Author:mrhammer2u
I bought my diamond for 11k from a wholesaler so I am sure it will appraise for more. I was just going to cover it for the purchase price to keep the premium low. The diamond will be set, it''s an engagement ring. The difference between 11k of coverage and 15k of coverage was $50/yr. I am just wondering if $200/yr is a good deal.

Thanks so much!!

RB
I just bought a policy last week from Chubb, for $10,000 (cost of the ring), and the cost was $187. Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results