shape
carat
color
clarity

Invites and RSVPs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
We mailed out our wedding invites on March 8th. Today, I was talking to my bridesmaids and some of them have not received theirs....one who lives below me. Which is weird, cause our roommate (we sent him one so he didn''t feel left out) got his on the 10th. So now I am concerned. We sent out 110 invites. So far, I''ve gotten 18 back. Granted, the deadline isn''t until 4/15 or so, but I am concerned that some people did not get theirs. When do you think we should start emailing people and calling them? We still have plenty of time, unfortunately, we cannot complete our catering contract until we have firm numbers, so that is why we even sent them out early.
15.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
That is strange...generally I found that people who lived near each other got their invites around the same time. I mailed my invites about a week before you, and I''ve heard back from about 60% of my guests so far. Your group could be a little less prompt about responding though.

How much time do you have between the RSVP date and when your numbers are due? When is your actual wedding date? Did you send STDs so people are aware of the date?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say that I also find that extremely weird that people haven''t received them yet. From my experience, something mailed within the same city is usually delivered the following day, or 2 days later.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t start calling people until after your RSVP deadline date.

However, I do understand that you want to make sure everyone received their invite...do you think maybe the neighbor misplaced it? I had an aunt, who lives down the street from my parents upset that she didnt get hers, little did she know her son brought in the mail and she didnt see the mail that day...

I mailed my invites out about the same time as you, and have gotten back the same amount. My RSVP deadline isnt until May 1.

Most people send them back within 2 weeks of the deadline, or so I''ve been told. We haven''t received a single RSVP back from his side yet either.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
When I mailed my save-the-dates, some people in the same location received them over a week later than others. However, I sent mine from Italy and blamed the Italian post.

At this point, it''s been 2 weeks, so I would follow up with a few select people whom you know well to see if they have gotten them. Tell them you''re concerned about a few having gotten lost in the mail. That will tell you how widespread the problem is.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake, we mailed ours the week before you and we know that some people got theirs in a matter of days, while others took a week or more. Our RSVP is April 15th also, but what my father began doing recently is calling on his friends and relatives and encouraging them to send back their RSVPs. These are people who we know are coming and they know they're coming, and it will only help me the long-run for them not to wait. That was also a way to double-check to make sure invitations had arrived where they were supposed to. Can you do that, or do you have someone who can reach out to key family members on your behalf?

This btw, is separate from the calls we know we'll have to make down the road after April 15th to ask people who haven't bothered to respond at all and let us know if they're coming. I would not ask that question at this time, if you do chosoe to call and follow-up on mailings now.

ETA: The reason why I would not wait until after your RSVP date to call is because if people haven't received the invitations you could end up scrambling to get more invitations out that could've been sent weeks earlier. You could wait another week and see what happens, but I wouldn't go much later then that if you're really doubting the mailings arrivals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results