shape
carat
color
clarity

invitation etiquette question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

FI and I are paying for our wedding ourselves. My mom lives halfway across the country and I live 3 hours from my dad, so I am also planning the entire wedding on my own and want RSVP cards to come to me.

Is it common/appropriate for the RSVP cards to be pre-addressed to the bride/groom? Or should I have them sent to a parent even though my parents aren''t listed on the invite and they live really far from me?

For what its worth... my invites begin with "Together with our families, you are invited to share in the marriage ceremony uniting..."

Thanks for advice!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...no problem! My parents are helping us, and we are recognizing them on the invites, but the RSVPs will be coming to me.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
You can definitely have the reply cards sent to you. IMO, the reply cards should go to whomever is keeping track of the guest list, as to avoid things getting lost in transfer or translation. So if you''re keeping track of the guests, you should receive the response cards. If it''s one of your parents, then they should receive them. If it''s your FI and you don''t live together, he should get them.

That''s just my opinion, though.
9.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Yup and I''d assume that you''re putting your address as the return address on the outside envelope too.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Mine are coming to me...I don''t think its a problem. No sense in adding a middle man!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
My parents are paying for my wedding and my sister''s wedding, but we are both having the response cards come to us because we know otherwise it''s likely we wouldn''t see some of them until they turned up from the bottom of a drawer a few months after the wedding.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our RSVP card came to me if they were my family and him if they were his family (we lived separately in the US and England at the time). It made it much easier to keep track of everything since we did all the planning and seating charts.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the invite doesn't list your parents as the hosts then it's totally fine to have the replies come to you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results