shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Design is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinki

Shiny_Rock

I''m so excited! My friend designed our invites and just sent me the first draft. The text is just a place holder, but our text will be somewhat similar and light. Our whole wedding is really about the big party so we will communicate it in a similar way to be fun and set the stage.

These will be letterpressed on a very thick paper, the color is called Opal which is a champagne color with little sparkles in it, and then will have a backer card (haven''t decided between Gray, Green, or pink). Then they will be placed in a silver sparkly envelope.

Sorry if the image is too small, I''ll see how it posts the first time. If so I''ll add each piece individually.

invite-small.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Reception invitiation...I'm so glad he got the 3 elements I wanted: Birch Trees, A carved heart with initials and a birdie!

Reception1.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Oh shoot...well, I guess the small pics will have to work for now! Hehehe

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
even in the small pics i can tell that these are going to be so pretty!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Really Pretty! Pinki can I ask about your wording? I have been trying to find some fun and unique wording but without much result. Let me know if you don''t mind sharing.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Sure! I know it''s hard to see but here are the three invites and wording. Just a little background, only 40 people are invited to our ceremony (parents, grandparents (only 1 left), aunts, uncles cousins and closest friends). After the ceremony we''re having a private dinner for the people who will be at the wedding, and then at 8:00pm we''re doing a huge party, open bar, and appetizers for the reception with 200+ people; complete with a baked potato bar and Ice Cream Sundae Bar! I can''t wait!

So the main invitation is for the reception, and here''s the wording:

"Kyle and Christin are tying the knot.
You''re invited to come celebrate with them.
These two exceptional individuals promise one incredible evening.
They''re going to fill your belly with delicious hors d''oeurves and beaucoup bevies.
So you have no reason not to come and celebrate with family and friends.
You dig?"

Wedding invitation wording is:

"i do.
You should feel very special.
You have been hand picked by the bride and groom to witness the act of them getting hitched.
I know, pretty cool.
Don''t worry, it won''t take long.
Then you can party."

and lastly, the RSVP:

"rsvp
Traditionally this is regrets only, but the way the world works these days you''re on the hook either way.
Send it back whether you''re in or not.
Use the pre-addressed envelope with the stamp on it.
Doesn''t get any easier."

The responses are "You betcha" with 1 and 2 small birds for them to select the # of people. and then the other response is "No Dice" for the declines.

You''re definitely welcome to use any of the wording! I adore it and it''s so perfect for Kyle and I because we''re both very silly and we think it really sets the expectations for the night, that it will not be a typical formal wedding. We''re really happy with it all! I''ll try and resize the invites again too to see if I can get them bigger.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Ok, let's see if I got it this time...There's a typo in here...Incredible. That's being fixed.

Reception3.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Success.

ceremony1.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
RSVP

RSVP1.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Those are NICE!! I can see why you like them so much!!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
these are cute! Very original!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
love them! sounds like you guys are going to have a rockin'' party
9.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
nice! can''t wait to see the actual invite!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
These are great!! I love how personalized these are...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! and I love your wording...so clever and cute!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I love the muted colours of the invites... they look great!

I''m wondering if some people are going to be confused by the 1 or 2 birds on the RSVP... perhaps a "circle one" below? IDK.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 7:43:09 AM
Author: swedish bean
I''m wondering if some people are going to be confused by the 1 or 2 birds on the RSVP... perhaps a ''circle one'' below? IDK.
I am worried about this as well. Some people who saw it got it right away, others never even noticed the birds and thought they were just decoration. I do need to add a line for the names, so I might try and do something there. I thought maybe two lines with a bird at the beginning of each instead of the traditional "M", so then they would write in the names of each person attending? Thoughts on that?

Cj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results