shape
carat
color
clarity

Investment opp?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I have an acquaintance who broke her engagement and wants to sell her ring for $5k. Her ring was appraised at $25k and she has supporting paperwork. She just wants to get rid of it because it''s painful, and doesn''t need the money. Would this be a good investment? Could I sell it for a profit? Where could I do this?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
actual value and appraisal value are two very, very different things. you need to get more information before you jump into this situation.
unless you have 5k to blow.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of information? where do i start?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
It would probably be helpfull to have the specs on the diamond(s) and the setting (is it designer) and then reseach what it goes for on the open market before making the choice to spend $5k.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Find out (in the nicest way possible) if her center stone is certified. If it is, it has a definite value and you''ll be able to check it''s worth through the Rap report. Then you can add in the price of the mounting (especially if it''s a designer mount) and melees, if there are any.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 9:44:23 AM
Author:misysu2
Would this be a good investment? Could I sell it for a profit?
It seems that it is rare to make a profit selling an engagement ring or the sum of its'' parts.

If it were, and were a good investment then the girl selling the ring would be able to sell it with little effort and for an amount much closer to the approximated valuation.

Caution is advised.

Rarely do you get something for nothing (even if the seller has undergone unfortunate circumstances).

However if you are in the market for a pretty piece of jewellery, follow the advice of the posters above and check the formal stats if it looks cute buy away!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results