shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing me...

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock

Hello! I’ve been spending so much time over at Rocky Talky finding a diamond lately… and now that we’ve found it, I thought maybe it would be fun to join this list…

In short. I’m 38 BF is 37 we live in Melbourne, Australia. We have been rock solid since we met 16 months ago and I feel really blessed to have met such a unique, beautiful and thoroughly fascinating, loyal, intelligent, hilarious man. I was such a serial dater before accidentally meeting him (at a mutual friends drinks at a pub) and I really enjoyed the single life and made the most of it.

We talk about marriage a lot (well I pretty much told him from the early stages that I didn’t want to date for fun once I knew he was it for me). Plus we are at that kids stage and tick tock and all that.

Our issue has been MONEY. And his severe lack of his own. I’m fairly set up with my own place, business etc and he has NA-DA. So he’s quite insecure about that…. Long long story short, BF can’t afford a diamond and I don’t think that should matter ultimately, so I told him I would be happy to have a replica stone for now (like from Sitaragem) – so got one and yeah it looks great but….after a while of ‘being with it’ I realized it’s crazy for me to spend more money on a handbag than I do on my lifelong ring! sooo I started being sneaky and decided to buy a real stone on my own ( I figured he wouldn’t know and I didn’t want to break his heart knowing I had to buy my own diamond).

Then I decided that I should come clean. Told him what I was up to and whilst he was sad, he said it made him so happy knowing that I would get something that he believed I ‘deserved’ (his words not mine). We came up with a plan to sub let out my apartment for 3 months (furnished), we pocketed the money and got a GORGEOUS AVC! Doing it this way kind of helped him feel like he was contributing ... because I had to move out and into his dads place...So now we have this GORGEOUS ring, it’s in the cupboard and I guess that makes me a LIW!

We are still living at his dads place (2 weeks to go before we go ‘home’!!) So I’m thinking nothing will happen until we are all settled back in again….

Hasn’t stopped my researching dress/flowers/the whole crazy bit!! I think it’s quite fun.

Am I dribbling on? Sorry – anyway jut wanted to say hi!
35.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
wooo.. you must be very excited!!!! Wes.. you ARE a LIW!!! Welcome to your new home!
36.gif

I can''t wait to see your ring.
30.gif
*DUST to you*****

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Enjoy you''re hopefully short stay here!

I can''t wait to see pictures of your AVC! I think they are simply gorgeous!

peonies

Rough_Rock
How exciting for you! My boyfriend and I are studying abroad in Southport, Australia for 6 months starting in July, so maybe you could recommend some nice jewelry places for us to look at settings while we are there? Welcome : )!

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 7:37:31 AM
Author: MayFlowers
Welcome! Enjoy you''re hopefully short stay here!

I can''t wait to see pictures of your AVC! I think they are simply gorgeous!
I hope it''s a short stay (no offence clearly!) but you just never know! I''ve been the one doing all the moving forward, he''s not one for making decisions quickly, so I''m bracing myself that perhaps that ring will sit in the cupboard for a while.....
32.gif
I really don''t know but I have to be positive!

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 11:07:13 AM
Author: peonies
How exciting for you! My boyfriend and I are studying abroad in Southport, Australia for 6 months starting in July, so maybe you could recommend some nice jewelry places for us to look at settings while we are there? Welcome : )!
Hi there - which state is southport in?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve read bits and pieces in rt but it''s nice to hear the whole story - sounds like you guys are good together :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results