shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Grace

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask who designed the dress? I love it!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I miss a new thread introducing Isla in her new setting? I am dying to see hand shots! And yes, I must agree with others that the dress you wore for your anniversary photo shoot is TDF as well! :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I miss a new thread introducing Isla in her new setting? I am dying to see hand shots! And yes, I must agree with others that the dress you wore for your anniversary photo shoot is TDF as well! :love:
I thought I was the only one still waiting in suspense....lol!!! :lol-2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I don't think ROL is planning to share pics with us on this forum.

Last edited:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ MGR, I think she's just saying that because WE ARE STILL IN SUSPENSE!!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She said a long time ago she wouldn't share because too many vendors copy designs. I don't blame her!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She said a long time ago she wouldn't share because too many vendors copy designs. I don't blame her!
Oops; I missed that post. I was looking forward to seeing it, but I completely understand. Bummer!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Our loss if photos won't be shared here, but I understand her concern.

@Resonance.Of.Life ,
All that really matters is that you love your ring.
And, yes, your incredible gown and Scotland! Does it get any better. :love:

Congratulations to you and your DH on five years of marriage.
Wishing you many more filled with love, laughter and good health.
I'm so happy for you! =)2

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. A page back she said she was just waiting on the professional photographer's photos before she posted pics here.:oops2:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. A page back she said she was just waiting on the professional photographer's photos before she posted pics here.:oops2:

Oh good! I must have been thinking of another thread. :wall:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for all the late replies.. been busy learning a new specialty as I've moved from Adult Cardiovascular ICU to NICU (level IV unit).

Can I ask who designed the dress? I love it!
@pearaffair It's a ShopGossamer dress... she makes it in cream/gold and the blue/silver that I have. It's $2600. If you're bigger busted, you will have to go to a size Small. I'm a 32DD and the XS did not cover my bosom, but the Small (26" waist) was too big for my waist. I didn't have time to get anything tailored and I missed the cut off for custom to my measurements gown :(

I do plan on having a custom gown made from them though :)

@carbonfan Aww thank you for your compliments. Our photographer was enamored with it too. He said it was perfect for our shoot! I was so unsure of what to buy as it was a shoot 5,000 miles away and the location wasn't set before we go to Scotland for our shoot.

@soxfan I was really on the fence about this. I love my ring but a lot of unscrupulous vendors copy (some just don't post publicly).

Our loss if photos won't be shared here, but I understand her concern.

@Resonance.Of.Life ,
All that really matters is that you love your ring.
And, yes, your incredible gown and Scotland! Does it get any better. :love:

Congratulations to you and your DH on five years of marriage.
Wishing you many more filled with love, laughter and good health.
I'm so happy for you! =)2

@december-fire Thank you so much for your kind words :) We very much fell in love with Scotland and are working on making it so that we can live there for a couple of years.

To everyone else waiting for photos: We have access to our online gallery and we are IN LOVE with our photos. Worth every single penny to fly a skilled film photographer to Scotland to shoot with us.

As far as photos of the ring-- the ring technically is incomplete as the design had guards/bands as part of the overall design and really it completes the ring but it was not possible to have it completed before our shoot and European vacation. So I will hold off until I can ship my ring back. DM needs it to make sure there is no insightly airline between my ring and the bands.

Additionally, I've been informed that Argyle has asked for photos of this ring to post on their official website :love:. DM has requested permission as they have not posted my ring on any of their social media being aware that I wanted this kept private at first.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ROL! Thanks for checking in! After following your journey in this thread (for like 10 months) I was so hoping to see the finished ring! I understand your desire to keep it private, I really do, but can I tell you how disappointed I am?! Lol. :cry2: I hope that you are loving it and will be happy with it for a very long time to come! It certainly sounds special! :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
unsightly* grr posting from a phone sucks.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ROL! Thanks for checking in! After following your journey in this thread (for like 10 months) I was so hoping to see the finished ring! I understand your desire to keep it private, I really do, but can I tell you how disappointed I am?! Lol. :cry2: I hope that you are loving it and will be happy with it for a very long time to come! It certainly sounds special! :appl:

Hopefully I can get my ring to him before the Christmas shipping rush/fiascos of missing packages and that Yoram is able to cut the custom cut oecs again for the guard/bands in time :)

Bless you for the work you do in your profession.

Thank you :) The work is incredibly rewarding and I feel so blessed that I get to be a part of these special lives.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Just got my ring appraised by David Wolf (Just Appraisers) and I was very pleased with the results and the detail he went to in order to appraise my ring.

From the side, my cushion looks like a GIA G. David Wolf placed his master G next to my stone and it really did match. You can see color face up, but he indicated it was a High I, low H (he graded it as an H/I) . David indicated that Isla is incredibly well cut (for both light return and for spread for the weight without any detriment to the light performance as by calculations should be closer to a 3.36 carat diamond for the spread and depth/table).

:) He took 2 hours with us and we had a lovely time chatting with him about our love of antique stones and unique ring settings. We never felt rushed and he definitely took his time to explain his findings. He was spot on for the oec ctw and the argyle pink ctw utilizing his measurements and calculating it out. Additionally, it seems the only old mine brilliant on the market anywhere near my stone's measurements and characteristics was a 4 carat GIA H VS2 he was very thorough when looking through rap for a comparable replacement-- ensuring that the dimensions and proportions are as close as possible to my stone.

He absolutely loved the design of my ring and loves the ring guards planned for it. I look forward to using him to appraise my guards in the future.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Teaser pic. The ring should arrive next week if all goes well. The custom cut oecs from Yoram were well worth the extended wait.
This cushion is stunning...wondering if you have a pic of the custom cut oecs from yoram?
IMG_9535.JPG

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I've decided to pursue a bigger cushion (and/or the perfect antique oval). I will be listing just the diamond with Jewels by Grace and keeping the setting. Feel free to contact her for more info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results