shape
carat
color
clarity

Intro

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

I haven't been added to the list yet but have requested. In the mean time I thought I would introduce myself. FF and I have been together for 4.5 years next month. We plan on getting engaged in about a month or 2 so excited been waiting forever I feel, almost 4 years. The wedding will be in Rome in a year or two. We are both 21.

peonies

Rough_Rock
A wedding in Rome will be absolutely amazing! I love it there. Good luck!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! You''re looking at ovals right? I love them too. Can''t wait to see the ring you end up with!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Peonies-I''m really excited about Rome. I haven''t been since I was really young and FF has never been. I can''t wait.
Cut Rock- I absolutely love oval diamonds and would really appreciate your opinion as well as everyone elses on the setting and band I''m considering. I have attached a picture of the setting I am currently looking to get. As for the band I am thinking about the three row Etoile here is the link: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00097&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+287466-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+1-t&selectedsku=13445079&mcat=148210. What do you ladies think?

ring2720.jpg

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
I do like the setting, very bling! And it definitely matches well with the band you picked, you'll look down to an ocean of sparkle :) ...have you tried them both on together? My two thoughts would be that the two together would be a lot of ring and you want to make sure you have enough finger for it. Secondly, how big will your center likely be? I am thinking it would need to be on the bigger side to really stand out from all the stones in the band.

For example, our budget allowed for 1ct, and I don't think a 1ct would be quite enough for that combo.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ditto redhead, you could always get a thinner band in that style so the center stone really pops out, or some people prefer the look of a thicker band...just depends on what you like!

also are you planning on wearing a band together with your ering? i don''t think it''s recommended to wear diamond bands next to each other because they can scratch?

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Wow, a wedding in Rome, how special!

I like that setting a lot but I''m with redhead02, you might have to get a good sized diamond to be able to stand out in that setting. But then again, like slg47 said, you might still like the look of the thick band and maybe wouldn''t mind your center diamond not standing out so much and I think it could still be really pretty!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
We are looking to get a 3ct oval center stone. I heard that two pave rings can rub against each other and cause problems, hopefully I''ll be able to find a solution to that maybe less rows, not sure. I haven''t tried them on yet. should be going in a few weeks. The Tiffany website is saying the wedding band is no longer available so I guess I have to get the band somewhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a similar setting or wedding band?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Paris have you looked at artofplatinum.com? Leon makes beautiful multi-row pave settings

and 3 ct!!!! OMG that is going to be HUGE! (just a side note, have you priced these yet?)

paris29

Shiny_Rock
slg47-thank you for the link. DO you know if you can get the setting from Leon by itself or do you have to buy the diamond and setting together? We plan on getting the diamond from a private family jeweler and do have a price quote for diamond.

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
Paris you are a very lucky girl!

Rome is the perfect place for a wedding, and I can''t wait to see that beautiful oval engagement ring!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
You can definitely send a diamond to Leon and have him set it, I also know that he sources ovals. I''m not sure if he can make a setting and then mail the setting to you, you would have to call and ask him.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully he will be proposing in a month. I''m so excited and I''m impatiently waiting. Thanks for the help slg47.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you could also try 23rd street jewelers or maytal hannah? posting in rocky talky should get more ideas...

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks slg47 I''ll check them out

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 6:59:17 AM
Author: redhead02
I do like the setting, very bling! And it definitely matches well with the band you picked, you''ll look down to an ocean of sparkle :) ...have you tried them both on together? My two thoughts would be that the two together would be a lot of ring and you want to make sure you have enough finger for it. Secondly, how big will your center likely be? I am thinking it would need to be on the bigger side to really stand out from all the stones in the band.

For example, our budget allowed for 1ct, and I don''t think a 1ct would be quite enough for that combo.

I completely agree, it may be too thick together. A thinner band would probably look much better.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Hon
35.gif
I hope your stay is short and sweet

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results