shape
carat
color
clarity

Intimidated by setting search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melsc1

Rough_Rock
Hey, there - longtime lurker, very occasional poster here with a question.

Two years ago I upgraded my center stone from a poorly cut half carat to a wonderful 1.2 carat H SI2 (eyeclean) ACA (all thanks to the info I got here at PS!). I loved working with Whiteflash and thought they were great. It was set in their standard yellow gold solitaire setting, and I''ve been wearing it happily ever since.

My 10 year anniversary is rolling around, and my wonderful husband told me to start looking for a setting. OMG, there are way too many options out there! I''ve tried on some settings at some local places (and spent hours looking at stuff here) and I have a pretty good idea about what I''d like, but I feel intimidated by the whole ''custom setting'' process. How do I know if what I want is even possible? I''m worried I''ll get something done and then it won''t look good on my finger. Dumb fears, but fears nevertheless.

Anyone care to shed some light on the process? I know lots of you have had great success working with Whiteflash on your custom stuff.

Thanks!

Melissa

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I had a custom ring done by WF late last year. It is a pretty unusual style. I drew up some pictures (bad drawings, I''m no good at it
20.gif
) and sent a lot of pics that I found online that had qualities that I wanted to incorporate into my ring. WF is just so good to work with. First you will get some computer images sent to you, showing you how the ring will look. Next you will get a wax made. Keep in mind, that if anything doesn''t really float your boat at these 2 stages, you can always make changs. After the wax, your ring will be made. The whole thing took about 4 weeks or so (during the holidays). This is how the first pics came out.

As far as worrying if you will like the way the ring looks on your finger, have you been able to try on some similar styles? I fell in love with countless settings only to find out that they really didn''t look good on my fingers. Prior to starting this project, I would visit as many jewelry stores as you possibly can and just try on a ton of settings. Loving a setting in a picture is not the same thing as loving it on your finger.

REMUS RENDERING 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results