shape
carat
color
clarity

Internally Flawless E 0.747 - USD 6,580.00 TOO MUCH??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adelyn

Rough_Rock
IF, E color, 0.747ct, H & A .. looks absolutely stunning. It''s from The Love Diamond Company, Belgium and it comes with an IGI cert.

The price USD 6,580.00

Is it overpriced? I have been searching over the net for something similar for price comparison purposes but it''s so rare that there are not that many around. The closest that I''ve came across is the below which is USD 17,700.00 for 1.01ct D IF H & A

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_01ct_d_if_h&a.htm

What do you think? Is it a good buy?
26.gif

Your opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
This is just a question...not a judgment...

Is there a reason you are looking for an IF stone?? You could very well drop your clarity rating down to a VVS2 or VS1, get a bigger stone and save yourself some money...

Just a thought...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree why pay for something you can''t see. Color you can see, but if you were to drop even to a nicely cut VS1-2 stone you are not going to see any inclusions and will be able to get a much bigger stone. IMHO, I would rather have a larger stone that is eye clean and a better color. Just my 0.2.

Adelyn

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. Actually I''ve never even consider getting an IF stone cause I thought that it''ll probably be out of my price range. I''ve previously looked at 2 other stones on my first visit -

1. VS2 F 0.7 USD 4,475.00
2. VVS 1 H 0.73 USD 4,700.00

I actually had a very hard time choosing between the two. Then I realized that I''m somewhat sensitive to color, so I actually had my heart set on the VS2 until .. .

the second time I was at the store, the lady showed me this IF E 0.747ct. It''s love at first sight.

The price is slightly high, but it''s a great size for me since I''m looking for something around 0.7ct - 0.8ct. I like it that it''s IF cause it''s "pure" [personal preference] and also it''s special cause it''s rare. Although we''ll never really know if it''s really that rare; as previously discussed in this thread.

This might sound silly but I think that it''s "perfect" except for the slightly high price. It''s going to be an engagement ring so I really want something special, something that I have a connection with.

It''s really beautiful, no words can describe it. While it will not make us poor after the purchase, I''ll just like to know if the price is reasonable and we''re not being taken for a ride.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2005 12:19:21 AM
Author: Adelyn
Then I realized that I''m somewhat sensitive to color, so I actually had my heart set on the VS2 until .. .the second time I was at the store, the lady showed me this IF E 0.747ct. It''s love at first sight.

Adelyn...

First, I can totally understand the color sensitive issue, as I just bought an "E" myself!!!

Second, if the stone "spoke" to you, then you have to go with your gut!!! That''s what it all boils down to. While proportions and percentages are an important factor, the ultimate factor is what you like when you see the stone on your finger. If this IF has a pull on your heart, then it''s the right stone for you!!!

Let us know what you decide and of course, show pix!!!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2005 12:19:21 AM
Author: Adelyn

I like it that it''s IF cause it''s ''pure'' [personal preference] and also it''s special cause it''s rare.
There is no shortage of definitions of "perfection" among diamonds in either color, clarity or cut. Each kind of perfect comes with a different price tag.

For example, one piece that has perfect color and cut might be a relative bargain compared to something that is has perfect cut and clarity ! (didn''t insist on the needed quotation marks around each "perfect", but they sould be there, IMO).

By some other definition of perfection, one perfectly colorless and perfectly cut diamond at Wink''s happens to be about 3k. (link). A bit bigger too.

Just some idea.

If it is the price tag that makes it valuable for you after all (so if the deal does not "hurt" is not perfect enough - it happens)... maybe comparing the $6k worth .7cts with this one carat piece might define some meaningful tradeoff.

And there''s always the half carat of so D/IF H&A lurking around
31.gif

All perfect - if you so choose to call them.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
The IF grade does not mean it is totally free of inclusions... just that they could not be seen when viewed under 10x magnification. (if Diamonds where graded under say 60+x magnification there would probly be alot less IF graded stones)

Really, a stone that is eyeclean - but graded right down at SI1 or VS2 will look exactly like a IF graded stone if all but the inclusions are a factor.

Tho i DO understand where your coming from - when i was looking is started off looking IF - VVS2 and on folks suggestions i did widen it out to IF - VS2, and, well I fell in love with a Whiteflash ACA - well 2 actually, and i chose a F VVS1.

So really what i am saying is - understand that IF does not always mean it doesnt have anything in there - but it does carry a bit of a premium over a lower graded stone which would look just like it. If you have fallen in love with it, its difficult to turn away, i know (and i DID end up with a stunner SHE loves too.)

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Also, i would like to see the numbers for the Love diamond before making an opinion on it... (the Good Old Gold one looks stunning! but thats in a different ball park with it being over the 1ct mark - price per carat jumps from $6/7K per ct to $16/17k per ct)

Since Love say their IGI certs have the proportions it would be nice to know them for commenting.

according to the price stats... a ''ideal'' cut diamond (something you would want if your going with H&A, as H&A without good angles will still look like poo) would be asking on average $6602 per carat for a E IF for the range 0.7-0.79 therefore 6602x0.747 = $4931 while they are asking for $6600 (a 34% increase)

(compare with GoGs stone - should be on ave $16400 and hes selling for $17700 (a 8% increase - but well suited to the amount of info presented about it (and H&A to boot))

BUT IFs are hard to find searching H&A D-F, IF 0.6-1.05ct stones, only 2 came up - both over 1ct

Just dropping down to VVS or even VS it wont make a difference visually, but your wallet will thank you... or else, hammer it just as much, cept you get a bigger rock, and your knuckles will drag on the floor ;-)

It seems the love diamond is another set of guys in the niche market of H&As, like Whiteflash, 8*, Infinity, Hearts on Fire..(ie cutting their own stones) and charging a heafty premium for it like 8* and HoF while WF and I are a bit more resonable

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results