shape
carat
color
clarity

insurance quotes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringshopping

Rough_Rock
can you get 2 different quotes for the same insurance if you call 2 different agents? My friend recently called an agent about Chubb and received a quote that was almost $5 per $1000 more than mine. We both live in the same state and even within the same county.

bleusaphir

Rough_Rock
i''m guessing you live in a nicer neighborhood than your friend....

the more desirable the zip code (i.e. lower crime rate), the lesser the rates.

ringshopping

Rough_Rock
nope - we even live in the same zip code!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not know much about the insurance end of things but if it were me I would call the agent and ask them why the price difference?

actually, I just reread your post. If your getting the better deal your friend should call and ask why she is being charged $5 more per $1000.

ETA: if you find out, please let us know
1.gif

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
Does he rent versus own? Do you have homeowners or other insurance through the company? Is the insured amount the exact same?

The other possibility is that you live in a less regulated state from an insurance perspective. It is possible that Chubb has a higher compensation agreement with the broker he is dealing with. Keep in mind that based off of what the positioning is within certain brokers, there can be different reimbursements, and thus higher costs (though I think the first few questions actually have more merit).

Keep in mind that my industry is health insurance, but I have a fair amount of experience in terms of compensation and costs of insurance in general.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results