shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance questions/rant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so W and I are trying to consolidate our insurance policies which both come due in March. His insurance is currently with Progressive, mine is with Liberty Mutual. He hasn''t been happy with his insurance and so we thought that since we live together, we might add him to my policy and add his vehicles as well.

Well, despite us living together, because his car is registered in his name, and mine is registered in my own, we won''t be able to consolidate our policies unless we''re married. I went round and round with this man and explained that even though we''re not currently married, we will be at some point. He stated that if the registration isn''t in my name, I can''t add him to my policy. I then asked him what they do for same sex couples who want to be on the same insurance policy, to which he had no response.

So, ladies of PS. I ask those of you that live with your significant others/fiances/boyfriends. How exactly have you managed to have a vehicle insurance policy in both of your names if you both own your own vehicles?

I''m at a loss. . .

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Dre has his car registered in his name, I have mine reg''d to me. Dre called Geico, told them that he wants to add me to his policy (the rep. on the other end tried to steer him from that, since my driving record is less than perfect. lol)... but he did it and explained the same thing (we plan on marrying). They had both of us on the phone, just to verify information and that was it. Consolidation complete.

I think if u just call back, a different rep will give u the desired response. Dunno why calling car insuance companies is such a crap shoot.
29.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I also have GEICO with my fiance. We live together and of course wanted to get on the same policy. My fiance called them up, and while they won't give us a married couple rate, they will definitely let you on the same policy, giving you a discount for having multiple vehicles insured through them. I'm not quite sure they consider me his "domestic partner" (like our health insurance does), but the rep didn't have any problem putting us together. He gave us the option of just adding me to his policy as a driver or putting us both as the holders of the insurance (we went with the latter). And fyi, our cars are registered in own names (mine is on mine, his on his; no mixing).

So I would give GEICO a call, I haven't had any problems with them (yet
2.gif
).

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and FYI, you might want to call around to all the insurance companies, because if I remember correctly, one major one (whose name escapes me) was going to allow us to get the married couple rate, but turns out they don''t like to insure drivers like me who had one 50-50 fault accident
14.gif
. Oh well...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been with Liberty Mutual for about 10 years - and recently had a totalled vehicle on my spotless record. I can''t really leave my company right now, but Weston''s with Progressive and isn''t really all that happy with them.

Thanks for the heads up on Geico though!
1.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Hey, did you know that we have "insurance credit reports" ? I recently read this somewhere. Had no idea. Wonder what they look like or how to get one. (I lost that article). I'm going to investigate this further to see how/if i can improve my score. I too was in an accident 5yrs ago. Totalled.. (other drivers fault) but it should be wiped from my report. I thought only things 3yrs (some states 3.5yrs) can stay on your report?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Some companies are willing to insure two drivers on one policy, and some are not.

I am with Farmer''s, and they will not. Kyle is with State Farm, and they will not. We''re just keeping two policies for the time being, although I intend to switch to his once we''re married.

I really think it just depends on your company''s policies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results