shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance BEFORE Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amory

Rough_Rock
My appraiser (the one I did presale inspection with) is out of town for the month of August. I''m not comfortable walking around with a diamond ring in my pocket without insurance. Will an agent insure it temporarily based on the bill of sale, or do I need a bona fide appraisal right away. If that''s the case, I''m not even sure I''m comfortable driving from my home (where it will be delivered) to the jeweler and back without insurance, but if an appraisal is what I need, I guess I don''t have a choice. Will anyone insure for a couple of days (or weeks) based only on bill of sale - until I can get the appraisal?
Thanks!
A

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sure. The bill of sale will work fine for getting it covered. Then you can give them the appraisal later, revising the insured amount if you like, and giving them the additional information which the appraisal will (likely) have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results