shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance: Ann Arbor, MI area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ussd

Rough_Rock
Looking to have my ring insured through CHUBB or Jeweler''s Mutual. Any suggestions for offices in the Ann Arbor, MI area that can offer a stand alone policy?

I would also welcome any other ideas for places that will insure jewelry.

Thanks.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I go through State Farm and have a stand alone policy. They have been great so far (haven''t had to file a claim, thank goodness) and I believe they will cash out if a ring is lost/stolen.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this post has intrigued me....can you not just put your ring under your homeowners/renters policy? Is it better to have a stand alone policy, and if so, why?

thanks!
Tina

ussd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 8:34:09 AM
Author: jetmal
this post has intrigued me....can you not just put your ring under your homeowners/renters policy? Is it better to have a stand alone policy, and if so, why?

thanks!
Tina
I thought so but my insurance company (MEEMIC) will not allow me to insure it under my policy once I give it to my girlfriend. The thought being that then it is her property and should go on her homeowners/renters policy. Problem with that is that she lives with me and therefore has no such policy.

They will allow me to insure it under my policy up until the moment I give it to her.

Any feedback from people who have run into this problem would be appreciated.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
State Farm did not care which of our names is was insured under.

ussd

Rough_Rock
Interesting. I will give them a call. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results