shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspired by Lamborghinigirl - Pink Tourmaline search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shine4me

Rough_Rock
So I am totally new to colored stone world and I thought nothing could pull me away from my want of a large diamond (right NOW!) until I saw Lamborghinigirls pink tourmaline ring. I have had a want for a halo and I thought about changing the setting on my ering and then when I saw the pink tourmaline I knew this would take care of the want for a different setting and a large stone in a different shape than my round AND it is my absolute favorite color. I never knew I could fall in love with a mount design, stone shape, color, and cut, so fast!! I seriously love everything about it, it has everything I want! This could be an issue! I hate to be a copy cat but I guess that is the best form of flattery right?
9.gif

So I guess why I post this is ladies and gents
2.gif
I NEED HELP!! Like I said I am totally new and have no clue where to even start looking and the thought of "putting a ring together" has been totally forgien to me until I discovered PS. I think I have read every post that lambG posted on her search for her stone and setting and I have started to look with the different resources that are on here but I am so OVERWHELMED, I just need some direction. As far as a budget I''m thinking the setting is going to be the biggest cost. And I know more diamonds = more money but I really just want to see what my options are I am pretty set on the halo with side stones but I really don''t want to spend a ton as it will be a right hand ring and I would like to keep my husband ha

As for the stone literally I love everything about LambG''s light pink color,cushion shape cut and size around three carats. I do not like the checker board type cuts, I''m not for sure what to call the cuts? I''m afraid if I go any bigger it will be super hard to find a setting and one that is not completely blowing my budget because I would like a halo with sidestones and the sidestones to be diamonds since I really want the stone to pop.

I really hope Lamborghinigirl will not mind my lusting over her ring to the point that I want one too!

Any help that can be pitched my way would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks in advance! And I hope I''m not being too vague here!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you contacted any vendors or cutters to help you find the right light pink cushion stone? IIRC, she purchased her stone from Gene of Precision Gems so that would be a good place to start.

shine4me

Rough_Rock
I have been looking through the websites that are posted for the cutters and the stones that psers are familiar with but I''ve not seen anything that has been the cut/color/size combo that I have been looking for. I have not contacted any of the cutters since i wasn''t for sure if I coud tell them what I was looking for and maybe they had some rough? that they had not cut that might work for my vision of a stone that I would want.

Would it be a good idea to ask about that and who would be the best to go to? I know you all have preferences so I''m not for sure where to go from here other than looking for whats already cut and on sale.
33.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Could you post a picture of your inspiration ring? I think that will help us.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one!

pinkfinished2.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Shine4me,

I have a pink tourmaline similar to the one LG has. It was cut for me by Peter Torraca See collage below.

The rough material came from Lisa Elser, who is also an excellent lapidarist. If this is the kind of colour you are looking for, I would urge you to contact Lisa to see if she has any more rough from the same source.

Both of these people will provide you with first-class service.

PT tourmaline montage 04.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Have you thought about your finger size, compared to that of the poster whose ring you like? If it's much different, then the stone of the same size would look differently on the finger as well.

I'd also consider morganite for the center stone, as it can look very similar to the tourmaline and is very close in durability, but could possibly save you some money for the setting (not a guarantee, but it could happen). Maybe you could also change some minor details, like prongs that hold the stone, so that it's still very similar, but not completely the same. For instance, making the prongs out of rose gold, could make the stone's color nicer, while creating some difference in the design. You can also think about some details in the profile that the inspiration piece might not have, or something of the sort.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the specifications you are looking for, you are not going to easily find a "ready cut" stone. Please email or call the precision cutters to ask if they have available rough that is suitable.

shine4me

Rough_Rock
Ah just checked back up on my post, thanks so much for all of your responses! Its good to know I will most likely contact sellers and cutters to look for rough rather than looking and looking and nver finding an already cut stone, thanks for the tip on that.

Cellentanni - thanks for posting the pic! Not for sure how to move and paste pics into posts
38.gif
thats why I haven''t posted any of my jewels here yet! And I LOVE all your jewels!!

Gailey - I will have to contact Lisa your stone is beautiful!! And I love love the color! Is there anyway you could give me a price ballpark that I would be looking at to get a stone cut? i have no clue on price except for the prices I have seen on already cut stones

Ma re - Finger size good point because I think her size is like a 4 something I think I read about her resizing post where mine is a 7 so it will look just a bit different and I have also looked at morganites and I really like their color as well and I really like the thought of rose gold I love how it looks with pink stones!

And silly question but what website is for the precision cutters?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results