shape
carat
color
clarity

inscription on girdle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JmuTarHeel

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am considering a stone from a ps vendor - currently they are pulling the EGL report and I would have this appraised locally before I purchase. It's an EGL SI2, so the rep is going to see how 'eye clean' it is before she sends it, but a note on this stone says it's laser-inscribed with the stone # on the girdle. Is this a normal inscription location? Would the thin / faceted girdle cause any problems with a diamond of these stats?

$7300
EGL
Round Premium Cut
E color
SI2 clarity
1.72 ct
Depth 58%
Table 60%
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Cutlet N
Girdle TN F
Flour None
Measurements 7.83 x 7.85 x 4.54

Am I correct in loving the tight measurements and the 60% table of this stone? My main concerns are the SI2 (I will be absolutely fine with it if it's eye clean past an inch or so) and the thin faceted girdle (with inscription). I would love to get an Ideal diamond, but to me, it seems like this one is close -- any opinions? What should I harp on during/before the appraisal based on these specs? Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you read through the tutorial on 60:60 diamonds found here?

JmuTarHeel

Rough_Rock
Thanks again belle - I had not seen it. What I gleaned from that was that the 60%/58% MIGHT be good, so long as the pavilion angles are between approx 39.7 and 41.4 - is that correct?. Since this is a thin girdle, does that suggest that the 58% depth might be good?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome
2.gif

yes, there is a chance that this diamond *might* be good, but there is also a very good chance that it is not. as you said much is going to depend on the pavilion angles.
another thing going against this stone is the egl cert. i am left to wonder why a good sized ''e'' ''si2'' was sent to egl for grading instead of the more respected gia, or even ags. there is a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results