carat
color
clarity

Input wanted please--

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1385155033|3561431 said:
Now you can send me the Bobbi Brown schtuff. :naughty: :bigsmile:
LOL ... Ditto! I'll take some too! (I adore the pots of gel eyeliner ... super dark green plzzzzzz) :wink2: :naughty:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1385227653|3561709 said:
yes, Indy, you too may be in it for pie!
currently, pumpkin cheesecake is being served: would you like a slice?

Yes, please! Sounds absolutely delicious.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I think what you are doing is wonderful!!!! I am glad a few people have mentioned allergies because one Christmas I gave a then 15 year old niece a nice expensive makeup set and apparently she hated it. She has multiple allergies to food and to products including hypo sensitive specific ingredients and didn't wear it at all. A lesson to me that good intentions are not always that good....

Another idea, since the ages have now changed, might be putting together a general gift basket for the ladies in the house and (also possibly a different one for the guys) and include in it makeup brushes, hair brushes and pretty hair products, some nice cosmetics, more generalised things like nail polish and lip gloss, which I know younger girls do love and wear, perfume or fancy deodorants and that kind of makes the whole thing available and sharable to all the girls/women in the house.

I always detest gift cards, here sometime when you give them to poorer families they list them on ebay and sell them for money. Not sure if that also happens in the US.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They can, there's lots they can do to circumvent them but considering the input we got, I am hoping that this isn't the case here.

What I am doing as of now is nice Sonia Kashuk makeup bags for the mom and daughter, a set of makeup brushes for the mom and then one for the daughter (a nicer set for mom, a smaller set for the girl), and for the 9yo, her own little makeup bag, with lip smackers, hair bands and the like, and then will tuck gift cards in so they can do whatever they want with them. I can't wear lip smackers bec of allergies so I am still waffling on returning those. If I can find a way to sneak a gift receipt inside, I will, so that they can return/exchange these for whatever they want if these don't appeal.

I will probably also put a few fun Poppin pens and notebooks with each of the girls bags. They sell their pens in an assortment now with colors so I can get them each one of those, as well as a couple bright notebooks.

decodelighted|1385249141|3561833 said:
LOL ... Ditto! I'll take some too! (I adore the pots of gel eyeliner ... super dark green plzzzzzz) :wink2: :naughty:
See, I do not "get" the love for her gel eyeliner. Her shadows are great, her blush is fantastic...love shimmerbricks. But I tried the gel in a more than one color and found it not opaque enough for a solid line or not sheer enough to use for smoke. It went on really uneven for me and kinda clumpy. I have taken more towards super dark cream waterproof shadows because you can get a smoky hooker eye really good with those, and with a thinner brush you can get a good sharp thin line. Lately though, I use that Tarte "SmolderEyes" pencil. I have the jar version too, which is really good as well. I originally bought that pencil one for travel, and ended up using it more than the jar.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
ame|1385310297|3562055 said:
They can, there's lots they can do to circumvent them but considering the input we got, I am hoping that this isn't the case here.

What I am doing as of now is nice Sonia Kashuk makeup bags for the mom and daughter, a set of makeup brushes for the mom and then one for the daughter (a nicer set for mom, a smaller set for the girl), and for the 9yo, her own little makeup bag, with lip smackers, hair bands and the like, and then will tuck gift cards in so they can do whatever they want with them. I can't wear lip smackers bec of allergies so I am still waffling on returning those. If I can find a way to sneak a gift receipt inside, I will, so that they can return/exchange these for whatever they want if these don't appeal.

I will probably also put a few fun Poppin pens and notebooks with each of the girls bags. They sell their pens in an assortment now with colors so I can get them each one of those, as well as a couple bright notebooks.

decodelighted|1385249141|3561833 said:
See, I do not "get" the love for her gel eyeliner. Her shadows are great, her blush is fantastic...love shimmerbricks. But I tried the gel in a more than one color and found it not opaque enough for a solid line or not sheer enough to use for smoke. It went on really uneven for me and kinda clumpy. I have taken more towards super dark cream waterproof shadows because you can get a smoky hooker eye really good with those, and with a thinner brush you can get a good sharp thin line. Lately though, I use that Tarte "SmolderEyes" pencil. I have the jar version too, which is really good as well. I originally bought that pencil one for travel, and ended up using it more than the jar.

I love BB gel eyeliner, too. You have to squeeze the brush into a point and then you need to load the brush up really well with product in order to get a proper line. To keep it looking somewhat natural, I press it as close as possible to the base of the lashes. But if you don't have excess product on the brush, it won't be opaque enough. And no, I don't think it's the right product for smoky eye though - not blendable enough.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1385310297|3562055 said:

I came across little packets of "fairy dust" http://store.fairydust.com/fm222.html when I was shopping today - something like that might be fun to tuck into the older girl's bag.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to chime in

what you are doing is wonderful, your intentions are fantastic, makeup is obviously a controversal gift you should stay clear of, but that should not have elicited such a big reaction from DH. or from everyone here for that matter.

maybe a big gift basket with something for everyone that they can share as they see fit, including useful everyday items, or an experience they can enjoy together as a family, cinema/themepark/zoo/lazertag?

good on you for being a generous caring human being

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results