shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on ring design please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have started on a new project, this time with Whiteflash. Having seen the spot on observations and great suggestions made by so many of you on chrono''s pear ring, I''d really like to get some input on how I could improve the setting before it''s cast.

The first two pics show one version and the next two show another version of the same ring.

Boom1.jpg

Boom2.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
The other version.

Boom3.jpg

Boom4.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
The difference is that in the second version, the bigger/second halo has been lowered a little more and the diamonds in the halos face out slightly. All suggestions are welcome!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like symmetry?

The only difference between the two that I can see is the placement of the diamonds in the halo. Is there something else that I'm missing? I don't think my vote will be the popular one but I prefer #2 because it's less about the prongs surrounding the diamonds in the halo. Having said that, the bottom photos in #2 are taken from further away so it's not comparing like for like. I do like the symmetry of #1.

Not any use am I?
38.gif

Edit: Boom I've just seen your post above. Is dropping the halo the only difference because I see the placement of the diamonds in the halo as different too.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I''m glad I posted.
I didn''t even notice that LovingDiamonds, thanks for pointing that out. I think I''m okay with the prong placement of version 2 even if they aren''t exactly symmetrical.
What do you think of the lowering of the halo?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like version 2 with the dropped outer halo. It adds more interest than the usual double halo. In addition, it gives a prettier profile view. My reasoning for the melees no longer lining up is because when you drop it, it’s not just a straight drop down, but also slightly outwards, as such it may not be possible to line up the melees to match the top halo in the exact position.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I **much** prefer the second version where the halo stones are staggered.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Boom, I also prefer Ring #2. It, to me, has a more fluid composition, especially when looking at the profile view. Either way, though, it will be a lovely ring!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input hudson_hawk and Chrono (Can''t wait to see your ring!).
Looks like version 2 is preferred look, but is the outer halo too low? The profile shows a step in the halos which I am not too sure about.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m no help because I like both.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd one w/the outside halo dropped down a smidge.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look very nice. I personally like number 1 more though. the melee match up, I happen to like that. The drop step looks steep to me? when I look at the profile of 2 I see a christmas tree effect if that makes sense.

Boom, does number 1 sit lower than number 2 by chance, or do they sit the same?

I''m sure I''m of absolutely no help either.

-A

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both really nice.
1.gif

I like 2 a little more because it''s subtly different from the "everyday" double halo, but they''re both beautiful and I don''t think you can go wrong with either.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
LD, or should I say Hawkeye (that''s your native name I suppose), you sure can spot details! It took me 5 minutes to figure out what the heck are you talking about
1.gif

Arcadian, no that doesen''t make sense - you''ve obviously been looking at that sphene for too long and now you see christmas trees everywhere
9.gif

Boom, (sorry for the wait) I''d go with #2 cause as some pointed out already, it looks different than ordinary halo rings and instantly tells you that it''s a custom piece. I''m sure that either version would be lovely as we''re talking Whiteflash here, but #2 also has (IMO) a nicer profile, more visually connected center to the shank, and those angled halos might give a slightly different brilliance, as well as face up a tiny bit more narrow (due to angle) when compared to those of #1, which I think is good. But it''s all up to you - have fun
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think I like the first one, but the difference is really subtle to me. I just like the profile of the first one better.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 9:55:29 AM
Author: Chrono
I like version 2 with the dropped outer halo. It adds more interest than the usual double halo. In addition, it gives a prettier profile view. My reasoning for the melees no longer lining up is because when you drop it, it’s not just a straight drop down, but also slightly outwards, as such it may not be possible to line up the melees to match the top halo in the exact position.
I agree, I like the dropped outer halo and the look of the profile much better in the second version.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom - the second halo will only be a mm or 2 lower and won''t be noticeable. I wouldn''t worry about it. If you had #1 and #2 on fingers next to each other I honestly think you''d struggle to see the subtle difference in height. Don''t forget you''re looking at vastly blown up designs.

Loving "Hawkeye" Diamonds
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like a more squared off shank, reminds me more of a Tiffany piece that way. Do you want a couple of surprise diamonds in the gallery?

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I''m with the group on #2. If it were my choice, I''d also add a few modifications:

1) larger diamonds in the outer halo
2) have the diamonds in the outer halo angle out a little more than the first halo and remove the line/sharp delineation between the two haloes. This will give more of a rounded appearance and will also reduce the stepped effect.

Any details on your center stone?
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 2:16:54 PM
Author: ma re
LD, or should I say Hawkeye (that''s your native name I suppose), you sure can spot details! It took me 5 minutes to figure out what the heck are you talking about
1.gif

Arcadian, no that doesen''t make sense - you''ve obviously been looking at that sphene for too long and now you see christmas trees everywhere
9.gif

Boom, (sorry for the wait) I''d go with #2 cause as some pointed out already, it looks different than ordinary halo rings and instantly tells you that it''s a custom piece. I''m sure that either version would be lovely as we''re talking Whiteflash here, but #2 also has (IMO) a nicer profile, more visually connected center to the shank, and those angled halos might give a slightly different brilliance, as well as face up a tiny bit more narrow (due to angle) when compared to those of #1, which I think is good. But it''s all up to you - have fun
2.gif
who me? NAWWWW !
2.gif
When I looked at the rings profile and it has that tiered look reminiscent of paper christmas trees.

Now hey if people like it I love it, its going to be pretty either way. I just happen to like number 1 more. (i know I know, I have no originality
39.gif
)

-A

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
I like the second version better. It''s more refined looking to me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much prefer number 2 too! The bolder halo design - more staggered, facing outward - matches the bold colour difference between that bright pink and the white diamonds. The first version is just a bit too dainty for that centre!!

There's my philosophy spiel for the day
2.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your opinions and suggestions.

It looks like version 2 is more popular and I do like it but my only worry is, as Arcadian put it so well, the Christmas tree effect.

Arcadian - Are you referring to the center stone? Both versions are supposed to have the it sit as low as possible, close to the halo.

tsavvy - The stone is my second spinel from swala. I haven''t even seen it IRL yet and will post a review later. Love your tsavorite ring!

LD - I know the difference will be subtle, but I''m hoping to get this setting as perfect for me as I can.

TL - No surprise diamonds this time, all the bling will be seen from the top.

My problem is that I like the top down view of version 2, but not so much the side view. Maybe it would be possible to make the outer halo a little bigger whilst keeping everything else the same so that it doesn''t sit slightly under the first halo like it does now. That should eliminate the step in the halos but keep the slightly domed effect, I think...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could achieve that by having two rows of diamonds in the same halo, but each at a different angle. However I''m not sure how you could make a nice transition to the shank with such a design.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the second version. The slopped halo gives it more interest and the stone seems to "pop" more.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom,
If you don’t like the step effect, how about having WF angle the second halo ever so slightly while leaving the inner halo absolutely horizontal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results