shape
carat
color
clarity

Infor re Emerald cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
I''m back in here asking another question. LOL! I have learned so much! Thanks to everyone!
Please tell me in plain english what are good measurements etc for a emerald diamond .55 to .70 Vs1 or VS2--- D, E, Or F color--- that sells for approx $3100.00.--- I think I understand --- all diamonds have faults like feathers,clouds etc.---
Does anyone know a setting company that goes ME ?-- I am interested in a square shank ring, platium-- that is located @ a discount jewery store but they are the one that Faxed, per my request, measurements that were a little bit different than what they had written before. My plan is to go back to that location and ask to see a diamond with a smaller table.-- Thanks!
33.gif
------- One store wanted me to pay $125.00 for a certificate of a $4500.00 ring. Is that normal?
33.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I tend to follow Dave Atlas' chart pretty closely. Have you seen it?

http://www.gemappraisers.com/chartFrameset.htm

Was the stone certified already? By who? Were they charging you just for the original copy? I don't think most jewelers charge extra for the cert unless the stone isn't certified and they are having the diamond certed per your request.

I did a search for your criteria and most diamonds that came up were in the $1500-$2000 range.

Sorry, I cannot help with setting question. What is ME?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
As far as the cutting parameters for an emerald cut, there is a lot of variance depending on the length to width ratio measurements.

Basically you need to know the pavilion depth, crown angle and crown height.

But even this is a tough way to get accurate information that is really comprehensive about how well the stone returns light.

As for getting a lab grading report, and paying the $ 125.00 for it, that would probably be advisable to do, to make sure it is graded as per the seller''s representation. I''d suggest, making an agreement that you''d pay it, providing the stone grades the same as what the seller has represented it to be. If it isn''t then if you still want the stone, re-negotiate the price, if you decide you don''t want it, due to a lower grading, then you shouldn''t have to pay for the grading.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results