shape
carat
color
clarity

Info on wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock

Hi!

My BF bought me a radiant x-prong e-ring in platinum (we should have pics by Wednesday from WF) and I''ve already started looking for the perfect wedding band to go with it.

I was told that if the w-band is not flushed to the e-ring then it will eventually cause under-cutting. Is this true? Have those who have a w-band that doesn''t sit flush with their e-ring have this? I prefer not having a w-band that curves.

I fell in love with this look...I was wondering if the picture below is the Ritani wedding band? Is there a specific name for it? I don''t remember where on PS I got this picture from. Would anyone have a better picture of this w-band?

ritaniweddingband.jpg

Then I found this picture (posted by Ivy):
RitaniFacetsbands.jpg

Is this the same band as the 1st pic I posted? Do you think the Facets channel set with miligrain (sp?) would look better? Since I have a square radiant do you think it would look better with a princess channel or with rounds?

thanks,
Radiantlover

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone help?!
7.gif
I really would like to know if anyone has a problem with under-cutting.

thanks,
Radiantlover

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that if there''s no girdle exposure to rub against the other ring you will be fine.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if this will help but my wedding band has the diamonds that stick out a bit...I mean that they are not covered by gold..I am having asenior moment and I am forgetting what this is called....so with time this one diamonds that sticks out a little farther than the others ate away at the platinum that my e-ring is set it....now there is the ugliest dent in the setting...thank god I am getting my new setting very soon!
36.gif

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ame & Atroop for your feedback!

My e-ring is an x-prong setting in platinum so the w-band will not sit flush against it if it''s a ''normal'' straight band. My e-ring should look something like this (this belongs to a PS user)...where I''ve indicated with the red arrow...will the prongs be dented after a few years?

thanks,
Radiantlover

ring.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 3:33:10 PM
Author: radiantlover
Thanks Ame & Atroop for your feedback!

My e-ring is an x-prong setting in platinum so the w-band will not sit flush against it if it''s a ''normal'' straight band. My e-ring should look something like this (this belongs to a PS user)...where I''ve indicated with the red arrow...will the prongs be dented after a few years?

thanks,
Radiantlover

ring.jpg
I guess the nice, vague answer is "it depends".
2.gif

I had my original e-ring diamond in an x-prong setting for a while and wore it with a shared prong set band (where the girdles were exposed - not like the pics you posted). The diamonds did scratch the prongs, but not enough where it caused "dents". Had I worn the two together longer, it may have, but a lot of it also depends on the size diamonds that are in the wedding band. Kamuelamom had to replace the prongs on her e-ring b/c of the denting, but the stones on her shared prong band were a lot bigger.

I believe the stones that are in the pics you posted are called "bead set". It looks like there is metal on both sides of the diamonds, which would be good since then the diamonds will not rub against your prongs.

I think the only way you will be able to see how well the two rings sit together is to go to a jewlery store and try on different ones. That''s what I did before I bought my eternity band.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jellybean! It''s good to know that the w-band I want shouldn''t cause me any problems (I hope!) I will most likely go down to NYC next year and pass by SP and try on their lovely w-bands!
31.gif

Radiantlover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results