shape
carat
color
clarity

Infant Umbilical Hernia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any experience with these? I think Veda, my new grand daughter has one. She''s just over 4 weeks. It had finally stopped bleeding, but today it was popped out and slightly bloody in the crease of her belly button.

My daughter Goggled and found this condition and when I Goggled, the images I saw were fairly definitive. I''ve suggested she take the baby in to get it checked. Poor thing.

It doesn''t seem like it''s serious, but Veda''s is pretty big.

On a side note, we found pictures of her Daddy during his first year. OMG, my grand daughter is the spitting image of her father. They almost like the same baby, with different genitalia. Too cute. I think he even had the same belly button. That is not too cute.
14.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very very very common. And there is nothing they will do usually-although I''ve never seen one bleed.

Most of the time they go away by age 2 on their own-if not there is easy surgery they can do to fix it. But don''t tell your daughter the second part-only the first or she''ll worry!

Both my babies had them and they went away after a few months.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sophia had it. Fiance noticed it from the moment her cord fell off. I thought it was just an outie. A few weeks before her 2 month appt, I noticed that when I touched her belly button it would make a funny noise and would feel funny so we brought it up to her pedi. They apparently knew she had an umbilical hernia and didn''t bother to tell me. From what they told me, it''s common and goes away by the time the baby is 4-6 months old. If it doesn''t by the time the baby is 2 years old they do surgery. If it''s really bad, they''ll do surgery sooner.

Sophia''s has gone away completely. Now it''s a super-innie like mine
4.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s reassuring. The only concern I have is that it continues to bleed intermittently. Not a lot of blood, but a small crusty amount. I can''t really find anything that addresses that issue as normal, so I think a call to the Pediatricians office for purposes of reassurance or assessment is wise to do.

It''s good to know that it goes away. I just watch for color changes, because sometimes it looks sort of light a faint purple. The only thing bothering me is the continuing blood that occurs every few days. Odd.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Taking her in to the pedi is a good idea. I remember them telling me that if it got really red or purple-ish to give them a call. Probably still really normal though and it''ll give your daughter a chance to get some stats. I love getting stats and am anxiously awaiting her next appt to find out how much she weighs and to show her off
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results