shape
carat
color
clarity

Inexpensive earring mounts for rhodolites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys,

The stud earring and setting the opposed bar threads have given me an idea... Anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive YG setting (or YG fill) for these rhodolites? They''re an odd length (4x8) so I think the Stuller, Adwar, and generic Ebay settings I was looking at wouldn''t fit. (Related question - how much can those sizes be changed?) I was also thinking of KyleAnne Metals on Etsy, knowing how much D&T likes her ring, but I don''t see much YG work there. I''d like to keep the setting inexpensive but it has to be gold, she has a sensitivity to silver.

These would be an xmas present for BF''s SIL. I''m not going to buy the stones, though, if I don''t have a setting in mind, so it''ll be my own fault if they get taken out from under me!

Thanks for your help! Any Etsy, Ebay, etc ideas are gladly welcomed!
2.gif

redopposedbarsgarnets.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it doesn’t fit in the standard setting, then custom is your only route. You might have to go with Etsy.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply, Chrono. That is what I''m thinking, too. I think I might talk to Sally, after I figure out if our budget can stand that. They''re so long, though, that I''m wondering if they''ll hang down a bit.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are thinking about these
36.gif
for gold, I definitely think Sally''s prices are very competitive for sure, there is another etsy artist,,,,
Patrick, very nice guy, I haven''t bought anything...yet
31.gif
but others have and he''s a very talented benchman too.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6512089.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:05:00 PM
Author: D&T
Glad you are thinking about these
36.gif
for gold, I definitely think Sally''s prices are very competitive for sure, there is another etsy artist,,,,

Patrick, very nice guy, I haven''t bought anything...yet
31.gif
but others have and he''s a very talented benchman too.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6512089.

31.gif
Thanks, D&T. BF''s SIL (D) has this great heirloom garnet ring and I know she likes matching jewelry, plus I''m obsessed with the idea of opposed bar cuts. After Freke''s ring, I looked at Irla, but I wonder if its his style and about his price range. She isn''t very flowery, D. I think you''re right about Sally''s prices. I''ll probably convo both of them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 2:47:14 PM
Author: Chrono
If it doesn’t fit in the standard setting, then custom is your only route. You might have to go with Etsy.
I'm sure this is true, but I would take these to my local jeweler anyhow to see what he says. He has been in the business for so long that sometimes he has these odd sizes already made up. In any case, he always seems to find a way to "make it work", as it were. You never know.

Gorgeous stones, BTW. I think they will make stunning earrings.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, thanks. I might call places around me. You''re not in NYC by any chance, are you?
9.gif
I don''t want to buy until I know I can afford to do something with them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:22:45 PM
Author: Novel
Fly Girl, thanks. I might call places around me. You''re not in NYC by any chance, are you?
9.gif
I don''t want to buy until I know I can afford to do something with them.
Sorry, no, but I''d love to visit New York.
1.gif
Good luck with this project.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Rick Martin is also a jeweler so he can set them for you as well. Why don't you chat with him about various designs, etc. as actually having the stones in hand may make things easier?

ETA: I was eyeing those up as well, although I would have made them into dangles rather than studs.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:37:33 PM
Author: Kismet
Rick Martin is also a jeweler so he can set them for you as well. Why don''t you chat with him about various designs, etc. as actually having the stones in hand may make things easier?

ETA: I was eyeing those up as well, although I would have made them into dangles rather than studs.

Kismet, thats a great idea. Thanks. I''ll send him a note. I''ve worked with him before, he is a very nice guy.

If I end up passing on them, I''ll let you know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results