shape
carat
color
clarity

Induction stoves

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not necessarily... It's not "special induction" They just have to be magnetic. Easy to test beforehand - if a regular magnet clicks to the bottom of your pan it'll work.

We had regular pots & pans and didn't have to replace anything.

Definitely didn't buy our pots & pans with potential upgrade to induction in mind.
I was especially delighted that the only expensive stuff I have (cast iron Le Creuset) works perfectly.
We just lucked out, but a friend had some stuff that was pretty expensive and didn't work. She bought an adapter (like a plaque to put between the job and the pan). She's pleased with the result. Haven't tried it myself, though.

Wow I did not know that!!!! That’s awesome.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Once induction. Never back.

I miss gas sometimes and I had to retire a couple of saucepans not suitable for induction, but I haven't really looked back at all. Love the ease of cleaning. I used a gas stovetop the other day and I forgot how annoying they are to keep clean...

A good quality induction gives off a lot of heat and it always comes down to quality of cookware too.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already had a lot of Le Creuset pans so I haven’t had to buy any others.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did have to buy new pots and pans as my original set did not work. I didn't find it to be a big deal - well worth the cost to switch to induction. That was about seven years ago, and since then I have seen more and more pans as having the mark to show they work with induction (i.e. more choices, more price points).

I have a Le Creuset outlet near me, so I happily went that route. I am no gift to cooking, but things come out beautifully with the induction and Le Creuset, if that speaks to induction's credit at all. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results