shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusion/grading questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AgentRHE

Rough_Rock
Hi guys:

Couldn't find the exact info I wanted through a forum search, so I figured I'd ask. Here we go:

Is there a way to tell from a grading report if an inclusion is black or not? I've managed to figure out what most of the terms mean (pinpoint, feather, cloud, etc.) but I have yet to see anything on a report that states whether said inclusions are black or not. Are there certain grades in which black inclusions do not appear? For example, Do they NEVER appear above VVS2 or something like that?

Thanks!

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea what you mean by black inclusions. The inclusions are imperfections in the rock. Check out this link for some close-up pictures of various inclusions. Remember that the pictures are taken under 20x or 30x magnification. They might NOT be invisible to naked eye.

http://www.gemstoneinclusions.com/diamonds.htm

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
There is no indication as to the color of inclusions on a grading report.

Blacks, if small enough could theoretically be represented by just about any clarity grade including VVS1/2, but VVS1 is usually a pin point or two with color difficult to discern.

Your other question about eye clean (which I don''t see anymore) is that there is no cut off in clarity grades, and that it is dependent not only on the distance and eye sight of the individual, but also on the size, shape and facting pattern of the stone in question - for example, in EC cuts you will probably see inclusions of the same clarity grade before those in a brilliant cut stone, round or otherwise, and in larger stones compared to smaller ones, etc.

AgentRHE

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I think I''m going to buy everything on the internet... so I wanted to know what to expect, sight-unseen. But... I''m probably going to head to a B & M this weekend to get a better idea.

Thanks again!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Ive seen diamonds included with black spots......sometimes they are reflected over and over again , in the stone.....making it look like lots of spots!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results