shape
carat
color
clarity

in your state...if you have an excellent driving record...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does DMV renew your driver's license w/o taking a test?

last month i received an extention notice through the mail
whew.gif
my driver's license expires in Dec. i was so afraid that DMV would require for me to take a test b/c i knew i would flunk. 20 yrs ago i went to DMV to take the renewal test on my birthday,but i flunked the renewal test twice in one day
littlebashfulguy.gif
i wanted to take a 3rd test on that day but they say no
tsktsk.gif
they gave me a driver's handbook and told me to go home study the rules before coming back to take the 3rd test within 60 days. i said...what i do now? my license expires today, i can't drive anymore?
33.gif
they say...we'll give you a 60 day temporary license.
whew.gif
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We don''t have to take a new test here in Texas... maybe if you are past a certain age but I really don''t think so because I''ve seen elderly people who drive like maniacs because they can''t see or anything but still have a license.

In MN you don''t if you renew on or before your birthday (the year it expires) if you don''t, you MAY have to re-take the test.

In fact, I have to renew mine in the next week before my birthday!
4.gif

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
hmm, here in Washington i dont think you have to take a renewal test at all. ever.

Now that makes sense for all the sunday drivers!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
In Maryland, you''ve got 1 year to renew your license after it expires before they''ll make you take the test again. But if you do have to re-take the test, you can only try once in a fortnight. I think if you fail twice within two weeks, you''ve got to wait 3 months before you can try again. I know because I failed my original driving test twice--didn''t think parallel parking was as big of a deal as it turned out to be.
9.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here in Utah they''ll let you do your first renewal by mail if you''ve not had any tickets etc. When the next renewal comes due if you still haven''t had a ticket they make you come in and get your eyes tested and take a new picture etc., but I didn''t have to take a test. Our licenses last four years, so if in eight years they haven''t seen you, they make you come in to renew.
28.gif
I''ve not ever had a ticket *knock on wood* so I''m not sure if you''d have to retest if you did.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never had to retake the driving test (IL), but I also have a perfect record. Mines due to be renewed next month too and I'm going to do it online this time, which is the first time it's been offered to me as an option. I don't know what my states rules are, but I personally think every state should make a driving test mandatory after a certain age. There are definitely some older folks on the road that should not be there.
38.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:23:11 AM
Author: Ellen
I''ve never had to retake the driving test (IL), but I also have a perfect record. Mines due to be renewed next month too and I''m going to do it online this time, which is the first time it''s been offered to me as an option. I don''t know what my states rules are, but I personally think every state should make a driving test mandatory after a certain age. There are definitely some older folks on the road that should not be there.
38.gif

Boy I''ll say!!! They can''t see or hear well. Last week in the grocery store parking lot, an older gentlemen almost hit me backing up his car. I kept honking my horn at him and he didn''t hear me at all. I opened my car door and ran out to his side of his car, waving my hands at him. He smiled and nodded his head at me.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I never have to retake the test and I am not a "safe driver." I'm in FL BTW

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure that in PA you never have to retake your test.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think in IL you have to work pretty hard to re-take the test. Both of my parents are in their 50s and I don''t think either of them have taken the test since they were 16 (and my mom has pleeenty of accidents).

Here''s what I thought was strange - when DH and I moved to IA, neither one of us had to take any sort of test. No written, no nothing. If there are different rules of the road here, we have no idea what they are.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:01:35 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 11/12/2008 8:23:11 AM
Author: Ellen
I''ve never had to retake the driving test (IL), but I also have a perfect record. Mines due to be renewed next month too and I''m going to do it online this time, which is the first time it''s been offered to me as an option. I don''t know what my states rules are, but I personally think every state should make a driving test mandatory after a certain age. There are definitely some older folks on the road that should not be there.
38.gif

Boy I''ll say!!! They can''t see or hear well. Last week in the grocery store parking lot, an older gentlemen almost hit me backing up his car. I kept honking my horn at him and he didn''t hear me at all. I opened my car door and ran out to his side of his car, waving my hands at him. He smiled and nodded his head at me.
Ok, I almost choked on my enchilada laughing at this Linda. I KNOW it''s not funny, but the visual!!!
9.gif
I''ve honked at many who didn''t even know I existed too. Scurry!
32.gif

*mental note, WATCH driving in IA*

El, love your av!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results