shape
carat
color
clarity

in your opinion...where is the best place to live in the U.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am pretty fond of Philadelphia too... the weather is generally nice, not too much snow (I am from Buffalo!). Close to lots of other cities. No crazy storms. and relatively inexpensive for a big east coast city. We like it here for now!

still can''t decide where we want to go for my residency though
33.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been around too much of the states to really know, but if I have to choose between San Francisco Bay Area or the greater Los Angeles area, I would definitely pick the Bay Area.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in So Cal for a few years - and San Fran for 3 months, traveled the country on business …… but Chicago is my kind of town.

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Anywhere in the northeast, mid atlantic states, where there is lots of 200 year old+ buildings and great big GREEN forest with 300 year old trees. I hate it out west. I go on business out there all the time and it is so dry, nothing grows. I lived in NYC for 3 years and I''d never do it again, too much pollution. I live in NJ suburbia now and I love it, except the taxes and the insurance cost. But we do make the most money in the country so I guess it does kind of make up for the extremely high cost of living.
Outside the US, I want to buy my parents vacation house on Bermuda, I love it there, but again, it''s very expensive to live there too. But it''s sooo nice!!!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 6:18:47 PM
Author: colormyworld
Xchick03 stole my thunder. Charleston S.C. is a great place. I''m right across the cooper river in Mt Pleasant. I think one of the things I like most is the seafood. (fresh caught the day it is cooked) Heck in the fall we can catch our own shrimp. Up to a 48 qt. cooler a day. Shrimp and grits are hard to beat.

Anywhere in the tri-county is awesome.
36.gif
The seafood is amazing here, and I don''t even like seafood that much, unless its shrimp at the Boathouse. Though, I''m not a big fan of grits.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 1:20:21 PM
Author: Mara
hehe California or Hawaii !!!

i always say ''who would ever want to live anywhere else?!'' ... i''m obviously biased since i was born and raised here. hehee.
Same here. California Dreamin''!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would like to live in austin, texas or the "piney woods" of east texas, like huntsville or woodville.

but i am stuck in houston because of jobs and cheap housing and expenses.

edited to add: go watch "my Cousin Vinny" about grits.

AlliBaba

Rough_Rock
Woo-hoo, Minneapolis Saint Paul!!! I love love LOVE the cold winter, and the summers are more beautiful than you can imagine with all the trees and lakes and gorgeous sunshine. Low crime, gorgeous architecture in both of the downtown areas, so much art and culture and diversity and social life... by far my FAVE place to live in the US, and I''ve lived in a LOT of places.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I've lived a lot of places. Each with it's advantages and disadvantages. A prettier place you'll never find in the summer - Grand Rapids, MI - tons of rivers, nice warm - but not HOT weather. Winter can be quite dismall though.

All in all - I would have to say - the Piedmont Triad in NC. For the most part, mild weather, pretty forests, overall lots to do, affordable housing - just a good quality of life.

Edited to add - Charlottesville, VA too!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 12:32:36 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

Date: 4/12/2006 1:20:21 PM
Author: Mara
hehe California or Hawaii !!!

i always say ''who would ever want to live anywhere else?!'' ... i''m obviously biased since i was born and raised here. hehee.
Same here. California Dreamin''!
yes... i''m w/ mara too...CA all the way.
1.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''d love to live somewhere warm with beautiful beaches with mild winters. I''d miss the midwest snow on Christmas but every other day I could do without it. I love living in the suburbs of a big city. I can travel to the city in an hour and then get out of that hussle and bussle living in suburbia. I can''t say anywhere I''ve been specifically I''d pick up and move to yet. I don''t want Florida with the hurricanes and I''ve never been to CA but I couldnt'' deal with the high prices of housing and living in general out there even if its beautiful...has to be a happy medium some where in there LOL

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Southern Cal, I just had to move away from Beverly Hills, I hope I can go back but not as close to LA, I am hoping when I can have family I can live on the beach in the Orange County, somewhere a little quiter than right in the LA scene

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Charlottesville, VA!

I love it there! I like Asheville, NC, too!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Here! www.riatahomes.com where we just bought a two acre lot! It''s directly between Atlanta and Macon, GA. You get (mild) seasons, and less than a days drive gets you mountains in north Georgia or North Carolina, or the beaches of Hilton Head, S.C. or Tybee Island, GA. Florida is less than a days drive too! And houses are still affordable in this area! JFK, Jr. got married on a remote island of coastal Georgia, and "Bennifer" had a home in the area also.....I think Georgia has it all. But, if money was no object, I''d choose to live in Key Biscayne, FL. or maybe Coconut Grove.....
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results