shape
carat
color
clarity

In search of a 3+ct cushion cut! Yay!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a 2.5 ct round (8.7) vs the 2.9 ct cushion you posted from adiamor (8.42 x 7.62).

imageuploadedbytapatalk1427665838.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the same with 8.7 and 8.7 x 7.22 cushion.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1427666038.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you consider a delicate halo setting?? The reason is that even the daintiest halo would give you A LOT more finger coverage. If the halo is a mere 1 mm (which is super dainty) and your stone is 8.5 mm, then you've already added 2 mm to each edge for a whopping 10.5 mm look! ...just something to think about. :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of those soli-to-halo transformations that blows my mind!! (and it's a cushion, so...) :naughty:
cushion_soli2halo.jpg

ESNP

Rough_Rock
MSOP you are the best! Thank you so much. Those pictures really helped..Makes me think I should go back to basics and look at rounds that are 8.7 diameter. Did you say ovals would have the same effect??

I had liked dainty halos originally (you get my style I see!), but I feel like they are so trendy right now....I fell in love with solitaire look in person, none of the halos really spoke to me but then again I felt that most of them were chunky...

Took a look at the site you posted, posted some pics of what I liked vs didnt like.

Where did you get that ring ap? I must have it :twisted:

_28407.jpg

mb080_ps.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ESNP|1427679169|3854306 said:
MSOP you are the best! Thank you so much. Those pictures really helped..Makes me think I should go back to basics and look at rounds that are 8.7 diameter. Did you say ovals would have the same effect??

I had liked dainty halos originally (you get my style I see!), but I feel like they are so trendy right now....I fell in love with solitaire look in person, none of the halos really spoke to me but then again I felt that most of them were chunky...

Took a look at the site you posted, posted some pics of what I liked vs didnt like.

Where did you get that ring ap? I must have it :twisted:

I understand what you mean... I'm a sucker for a solitaire! The only thing is, it must be like a 3.5-4 ct or I'm just like, "meh"... :|

I didn't even have to look at your photos to tell which ones you'd like and not like as well... I prefer the daintier/tighter halos myself. ;))

I also get what you're saying about halos -- most I've seen in person are clunky and, well... just poorly executed, IMHO. Here's the deal with "trendy" -- if you love it, it's never going to feel trendy or "dated" to you. Popular styles come and go, for sure, but unless it's a really daring design, then I believe you'd be safe. Halos have been around for hundreds of years, and I feel they're here to stay. Just make sure to get a well-made version, and you're good! ;))

The website to compare stone sizes is called Diamond Database... or diamb.com (mods, please remove if against the rules). :halo: It's EXTREMELY helpful when comparing stones with different shapes/dimensions. You can adjust the finger size and several other things -- super handy!

If you like the more squared cushion look, you can always go round and do a cushion halo. It's difficult to find a nicely cut oval, but an oval in a halo is DIVINE! (it's probably my favorite shape in a halo, TBH) Ovals face up larger than cushions as well. Do you simply want to get the largest size for your budget?? If so, rounds and ovals (and marquises) will be where it's at! :praise:

I truly believe a halo would absolutely give you the size and WOW factor you're craving. Every now and then, I think I wanna dump my halo in favor of a soli, but until I can have that 10 mm round, I just don't think it's gonna happen. And I truly think I'd miss the sparkle of my halo...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to point out that this photo shows a MUCH SMALLER stone (1-1.25 ish??) in a halo as compared to like a 2.5-3-ish ct solit... the point was to show the finger coverage difference. I also prefer the soli, but I mean... damn... it's a big, honkin' rock, so who wouldn't, right??!! :bigsmile: :lol:
smaller_halo_vs.jpg

ESNP

Rough_Rock
Waited too long to check back and it's gone! My "guy" in Canada is really against me going with an SI2 or with a J, thoughts?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ESNP|1428706100|3860118 said:
Waited too long to check back and it's gone! My "guy" in Canada is really against me going with an SI2 or with a J, thoughts?
Why ?

Get what you want. Of you want size, it would behoove you to make those concessions.

ESNP

Rough_Rock
You would think he is getting the ring for himself. He is not comfortable going to SI2, he is not comfortable with color J, he only deals with quality diamonds, saying that a square cushion would be better (I want rectangular). Also I said I was fine with a stock type band, I dont want to pay 2500 for a thin petite micropave band, but he said I need to have good diamonds in the band etc...I appreciate his candor and I trust him and his experience but ... This is going to be MY ring, you know?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ESNP|1428713075|3860154 said:
You would think he is getting the ring for himself. He is not comfortable going to SI2, he is not comfortable with color J, he only deals with quality diamonds, saying that a square cushion would be better (I want rectangular). Also I said I was fine with a stock type band, I dont want to pay 2500 for a thin petite micropave band, but he said I need to have good diamonds in the band etc...I appreciate his candor and I trust him and his experience but ... This is going to be MY ring, you know?
Yes I completely understand. Did you tell him that.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1428718835|3860182 said:
ESNP|1428713075|3860154 said:
Yes I completely understand. Did you tell him that.

+1

...ummm, this will be your ring, right?? :roll: :wall: Also, why is a square cushion better?? Why isn't a J color (or eye clean SI2) a quality stone?? It's about your preference. Good luck, OP. :|

ESNP

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Here is an update. He has procured the following stone for me which he will send so I can evaluate if I like. Do you think this is priced well for what it is, or could I do better (larger size)?

"2.20ct H, SI2, 7.94 X 6.99 mm, $18,000 US for the diamond."

In the picture it is the bottom stone.

blittring.jpg

ESNP

Rough_Rock
Image came out the wrong way. It is the stone on the right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results