shape
carat
color
clarity

In Memory - Flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
One of our favorite OEM owners lost a son last week. He was 22, just graduated college, and died in his sleep from a ruptured aorta. We missed the funeral last Saturday; we didn''t hear the news in time. I have been asked to pick up a card for people in this company to sign and to also send flowers.

However, in the next three days their company holds their annual "Family Reunion" which is available for all employees and anyone who owns one of their products to come for the big celebration which lasts all weekend.

Can you think of something a little different than flowers? Or is sending flowers after the funeral okay? I''m afraid with this big celebration that the sentiment will be lost. Any suggestions?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think taking a collection up and making a donation in memory of the son, to a cause that is dear to his family or his situation (like the American Heart Association, since it was heart related), would be more meaningful and thoughtful than flowers. To me, sending flowers is another reminder that sits around the house, even though I love flowers normally...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I agree with surfergirl. Start up a collection instead. When my grandfather passed, instead of flowers my company offered to donate to any charity we prefered. We did ACA, since he passed due to multiple cancers. I still have the card that they sent me regarding the donation! It is very sweet.

Although i dont think setting it up at the company function would be a good idea. I doubt the family wants the focus on them.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 1:04:28 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Although i dont think setting it up at the company function would be a good idea. I doubt the family wants the focus on them.
Yes, I definitely do not want our ''gift'' sent anywhere but the home. Although most people will be aware of the situation, it is still a private matter.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
See if his obituary is still available on the local paper''s website. It may list any organizations his family wishes donations to be made to in lieu of flowers. If that is the case, the organization will send an acknowledgment to the family on behalf of the donor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results