shape
carat
color
clarity

In love with two settings and can''t decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
After sooooo much back-and-forth on what I wanted (asscher? princess cut? modern? antique?) I have narrowed my choices down to two settings:

http://www.adiamor.com/R-1089-R2801-1.htm

http://www.jamesallen.com/designer_jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=89&name=7002

For either ring I would go with 18K white gold and for the james allen ring I''d prefer diamonds 3/4 way around the shank vs. eternity ring style. The diamond for both would be right at a carat. I''d love to use WF but I''m afraid that because I''d have to pay tax (I''m in Houston), I can''t get the size of diamond I very much want.

Does either style look like it would take more advantage of the diamond? I have large hands (size 8.5 fingers, yowza, not stubby but just big, fairly long) and need a diamond that won''t get lost. I could go for a higher quality diamond if I went with adiamor since the setting is cheaper but I''m not sure if the quality on that setting seems on the same level as the james allen setting.

If you have any thoughts on either setting I''d really appreciate it!! I''m getting very close to the wire- hope to order this week- and I just know whatever I decide, I''ll wish I''d gone the other route!

Thank you all AS ALWAYS for your expert help and frank opinions!!!!
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
If they''re both in your budget, I''d pick the James Allen hands down! They''re both beautiful, though.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I like the James Allen setting just a little bit more. The diamond pavillion is more open and accessible (read: easier to clean). But the other setting does have those lovely diamonds underneath as an added "surprise". I think the James Allen setting has a cleaner look to it. It''s definitely a very close call between the two of them. I give the edge to the James Allen with a 10 rating and give the other setting a 9.5, both are very pretty and equally stunning!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the James Allen. It looks much more delicate than the other one.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
James Allen hands down. I have not heard of the other place, but I know the quality of his (James Allen''s) stuff.

shay

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one however I can not see the James Allen pic
40.gif

If anyone can tell me how I can view the James Allen website please tell me.
2.gif
thanks

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving that James Allen ring!!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I like the James Allen one best too. here it is for angel_nieves.

Platinum_E1_by_Danhov_small089.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SO much for posting the pic!! The James Allen setting is a bit pricier so it stands to reason you guys would like it best- you have great taste!
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for James Allen.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the James Allen! It just looks more dainty, sparkly and feminine to me
30.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
another vote here for James Allen! it looks perfect. it looks like the original that the other one is trying to copy...

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
A few things you might want to consider...
Firstly, the two rings are similar enough that both are equivalent... you never know, in person you might prefer one over the other. However,
1) The adiamor setting seems to have less tcw, but spread over more of the ring (sides). You may be saving money there, as opposed to getting a lower quality setting.
2) The setting slopes inwards on the adiamor (mountain shape)... versus the Allen (boat shape)... maybe less likely to catch on stuff?
3) The James Allen shows with a 2 carat stone in it... don''t be biased by the rock, if yours is smaller, it may end up fitting in the setting like it shows in the adiamor example?

Besides reason 2, I think for me the setting would matter more for how much of the stone I wanted to see, and if I wanted curves (a ''U'') in the side view versus straight line (a ''V'')

Ouch, I just looked at the price difference.
Ok, that''s more than 1k just for a different style? Spend that money on the diamond!!!! With an extra $1000, you can ensure a great cut, or move up a notch in carat, color or clarity, OR set that $$ aside for possible resetting or upgrades. The price difference doesn''t seem to justify the difference in styles.
Hope that helps... I am more diamond centric than stone centric.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the JA setting. It seems as if the JA one will be made with your stones measurements, when the Adimor ring will makea diamond between .7 and 1 carats fit, I would not want that for myself.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the James Allen more...it''s looks more delicate than the other one. But they are both beautiful rings.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the James Allen...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JA. It just looks "finer" than the adiamor piece, IMO. JA takes a lot of pride in their craftsmanship, and are very easy to work with. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the James Allen one too.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
That setting from James Allen is actually a Danhov -- very fine quality. You won''t be sorry you spent the extra $$. Just my 2 cents.
9.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I have seen the James Allen I vote for it WOW
30.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much!! I decided on the James Allen- it just looks more elegant to me and a higher quality, although the price difference was making me hesitate somewhat. In any event I''ve asked about availability on a few diamonds, found that they are available, and am waiting for Carrie to call me back so I can order! I''m so very, very excited- thank you all so much for your help!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you won''t be sorry! Can''t wait to see the finished ring!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results