shape
carat
color
clarity

Image of SI2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donzi

Rough_Rock
Greetings all,

First of all I wanted to say thanks. I''m new to this gig and have been lurking on this forum for about two weeks. The information, exchange of ideas, and advice has been impressive and I, for one, greatly appriciate it.

Down to business:

I found what I believe is the best candidate for purchase. There''s only one problem, the image posted does not appear to be an SI2 diamond. It appears to be of a much higher clarity.

Here is the link (WF): http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14334328#

I''ve emailed WF and asked, politely, if they could verify.

I do realize these images are not foolproof, but gosh, the scope and sarin report looks impressive to me. It seems to good to be true.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

D

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks like a very nice eye-clean SI2. Really nice numbers and also such a cool carat weight just shy of 1ctw!

Take a look at the AGS report plot, you will see it''s very clean for an SI2...

I''d ask WF to confirm it''s eye clean from all angles, but if they do I think you are golden.

I have a GREAT SI2 from their ES and I adore it.

AGS can be stricter on grading, so personally I think that an AGS or a GIA SI2 that is confirmed eye-clean by a trusted vendor will be 99.9% fabulous. I love them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mara could be a great and very eye clean SI2. If you call them they will eye ball it for you and they are always very honest about whether a stone is eye clean or not. Good luck and let us know what they say!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
SI2s can still have great images such as this one. Heck, Mara''s beautiful stone is SI2 and if she hadn''t said it, I would never have guessed it!!

But do as Kaleigh and Mara have suggested and call WF, have them look at the stone, and find out if they would say if it''s eye clean.

Good luck and let us know what happens next!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Donzi. Check this thread on our eye-clean definition so we have a working baseline. I'm at home today, but will try to get data on that diamond to you via PM.
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember who it is, but someone here has an incredible I1 from Whiteflash. I think everyone here is right. S12 can be extremely clean, depending on what type of inclusions and where they are. I used to be a total clarity snob, but I''ve seen some really beautiful diamonds on this board that were SI''s and even a few I1''s. I''ve also not heard one negative post about Whiteflash''s diamonds. Everyone who has bought from them seems to be beyond thrilled with their diamond.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I know Patty has an I1 diamond that is just stunning!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here''s her thread and some pics: LINK

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan has studs that are I1''s and they are stunning. I looped them and seriously had a hard time seeing the inclusions.

donzi

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, all.

I ordered the stone! I''ve eyed a few others that looked promising, only to find they were sold within a day. Didn''t want to take that chance this time.

No, for the hard part...

Honey...

donzi

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you!!! How are you going to set it???

donzi

Rough_Rock
Er... Did I type ''no''? I meant ''now.'' (Talk about a Freudian slip)

One thing at a time!
37.gif

I think I will help her to choose the setting of her choice. We both like a very clean, simple, yet elegant look. I also want to make sure the stone is protected, but not obviously so.

Any thoughts?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a classic solitaire setting??? WF sells a nice setting very similar to Tiffany''s. I love that look, it''s classic and elegant.
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it looks like an awesome stone. As for the hard part, with such a lovely ring to be, you won''t have to worry that she won''t love it. If you need help narrowing your setting choices, we will be glad to help.
9.gif

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks like a great SI2! And it''s an "E" to boot!
36.gif

I just got earrings from Whiteflash and Renee checked out the SI2 stone of the pair (other was an SI1) and she confirmed that yes, it was eye-clean. I cannot find the inclusion even with my loupe! In fact, I can''t tell which is the SI1 and which is the SI2.

Great find!
35.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! That looks like it''s a great SI2! It looks like it should be totally eye-clean based on the magnified picture and GIA cert!
36.gif
I also have an E SI2 from Whiteflash and I love it!

As far as a setting, I''ll echo Shay''s sentiments: if you need help narrowing your setting choices, we will be glad to help!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, that stone looks fabulous! Congratulations, I can''t wait to see it on your lady''s hand! :)

donzi

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

The stone arrives Friday. As soon as I pick it up I''ll look it over and let you all know how it looks. I''ll probably have a friend that used to be in the jewelry business look it over as well.

As for the setting, I''m thinking a white gold solitaire ring, somewhere between a classic/traditional look and a contemporary, if there is such a thing!

Thanks again,

Donzi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results