shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m waiting too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lora252

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking on this site for several months. We used some of the information we found here when deciding to pick out our engagement ring 2 months ago. Right now, I''m waiting for the proposal.

We are older (me 42, he''s 51) and both been married before. I had a ''shotgun'' wedding so to speak the first time, and he felt pushed by his ex wife to propose and get the ring, etc. So, this is very important to him that there is a proposal that he gets to plan and execute.

While I understand this completly, it is driving me crazy! Waiting for the proposal the first month was kind of cute. The second month - not so much. lol...

Those of you who are waiting, how do you do it?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Ive been waiting for quite a while now as we decided in Jan of last year that when we return to New York this July that we''ll buy the ring. Ive gone through different stages, some where Ive been driven demented and other months I havent thought about it at all. Im doing ok at the moment although theres only 2 months now before we go so I cannot wait! Just trying not to bring it up at all with ff as I dont want to drive him mad too! Just try and keep your mind off it as best as you can by being kept busy with other things

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to take it one week/weekend at a time . . . I knew it would be during one of our hiking trips so each week, I sort of kept putting my hopes into the following weekend until it finally happened and believe it or not, he actually managed to surprise me by "throwing me off" and asking me to give him 5 weekends over the next 3 months that he can plan . . .

Now, that I am engaged I can''t believe it has happened and thw waiting is over. Hang in there, as slow as it drags, it will come. In the meantime, I have something you can do to keep busy and that will help you when you finally get engaged. I wish I had done these things because then the past week and a half would have been a little less hectic.

Make a group email contact list, that includes everyone who you won''t have a chance to tell in person or over the phone.
Get all the phone numbers of people you will want to call programmed into your cell phone.
Maybe even get an idea of what you might wanna say in your email so writing it is quicker.
Put fresh batteries and storage card in your camera so it ready to take pictures of the ring and yourselves after the proposal.

Other than that just keep doing things that bring you joy so that you have less energy invested in waiting, it is tough but you will get through it.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
I am also in similar shoes.. We have chosen the stone, chose the setting and the ring is now ready...he''s supposed to pick it up this week...and i''m not allowed to see it until it has been ''officialy'' presented to me. Its been agonizing just waiting for the ring to be made..and now I just take it day by day and spend hours and hours reading and surfing pricescope.
emwink.gif
At least we know it will happen soon!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
We went ring shopping in April and he didn''t propose until Sept. I just started to figure he bought the rings to shut me up (I didn''t really want to live with him before we were engaged, but parent''s were leaving and he begged me to stay with him, and I couldn''t afford to live on my own). So I gave up on it. I would sneak and try them on in the beginning, but after a while I just gave up, I thought I would be less excited when it finally came cause I was angry about having to wait so long. Turns out he proposed on my parent''s anniversary (although I don''t think that was intentional) so it was special in it''s own way. And let me tell you I was excited when he finally did!

lora252

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sparkles... its good to know that when it finally came you were happy and excited. I''m afraid that since I''ve been waiting for so long that when it finally does happen it will be a big let down! Maybe he''s hoping if he waits long enough I''ll forget what the ring looks like, but I won''t.... I think its etched in memory! lol... thanks for the advice from someone who has been there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results