shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m ready for 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I hope 2010 will bring for me:

1. Graduation and a start in a new career (last exam Dec 18th!!!)
2. Bf''s graduation in Fall 2010
3. A Move to a new city by the ocean (attached to said new career?)
4. A restoration of will and participation in life after working hard at school for 6 years (changed my major twice)
5. an engagement?

I Hope 2010 is a much better year for everyone and makes all of you Healthy, Wealth and Wise!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
As wonderful as 2009 has been (DH and I got married and moved in together) it has also been pretty stressful (buying all new furniture, renting our first apartment, worrying *so* much at the beginning of the year about DH being laid off when they made several job cuts at his office, financial issues, health of grandparents and family, sending out grad school applications, etc.) I am looking forward to what I hope will be a happy and successful 2010.

- First and foremost, I hope for the health and happiness of DH and I, our parents, grandparents, siblings, and whole family. We had some health scares in our families this year and I hope everyone stays healthy and happy in the new year.

- I hope DH continues to enjoy his job and they continue to appreciate all he does. He just had a great review at work this week and I feel more comfortable and not worried about him being laid off - so I hope it continues in 2010 because that was a big worry in 2009.

- I very much want DH to pass a very big important test that he takes tomorrow so he can take the next level in June (and I hope he passes that one too!) It will help give him a boost in his career and will make him feel great about himself.

- I really want to get into grad school. I applied to three wonderful programs and I don''t find out whether or not I got in until April - the programs I applied to are pretty competitive and I''m very nervous.

- I hope we can save money this year so when our lease is up at the end of 2010 we can think about buying a place of our own.

- I want to get in better shape. I''m not in *bad* shape, but I just feel very upset with myself constantly for the way I look and feel. I would love to get motivated to join a gym and get toned just so I could feel better about myself.

- I want to spend more time with our families. Lately, DH and I haven''t been seeing our parents or grandparents much because of school and work schedules, but I very much would love to see them more often in 2010.

I hope everyone gets what they wish for in 2010 - it should be a year full of health and happiness for all of us and our families
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I wish every health and happiness to my PS friends.

For DH and me:

1. Good health for DH and me.
2. To move into the house and STOP building.
3. Continued good health for Lissey and all our pets.
4. To find peace knowing that my career will not happen.
5. Go on a holiday!
6. To replace DH''s car.
7. Start collecting my pennies to save for lasik.
8. DH and I to be happy all year long.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - what a lovely thread and things to think about Gypsy. I hope that you and all of the other PSers who posted here get what they are wishing for.

My wish list for the next year would be:

1. Continued good health for my family and friends, especially my mother.
2. To be a strong performer at, and to enjoy my new job.
3. For my DH to find something that makes him happy to do - I don''t care what that thing is at this point, as long as it isn''t illegal or unethical, but I would love for him to find a fulfilling career path of some kind, that can bring him happiness.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I hope all the wonderful PSers'' wishes come true in the new year!

My hopes for 2010:

1. Health and happiness for my family and friends (especially my dear grandparents)
2. A house for DH and me
3. To love my new job
4. An anniversary trip for DH and me
5. A job for my brother
6. A successful season and many more sponsorships for my other brother
7. More clients for DH and continued success at his job
8. A dog!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 2010 I aim/hope for:

- Timber decking and a pergola in the back yard, it''s still as barren as the day we built 3 years ago!

- To spend at LEAST another Christmas after 2009 with my precious doggy Bubbles, who at age 5 has lymphoma, and a very shortened life expectancy
15.gif

- To pay a huge whack out of the house so we can think about me giving up work for six months or so in a year''s time, to have a bebe...
12.gif
I hope to go back to work purely for the social aspect
9.gif

- That we employ more nursing staff at the hospital I work at... we are desperately understaffed and worked to the bone at the moment!!
14.gif

Good luck to all for a safe and happy 2010!!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I wish for every one of my fellow PS'ers new year hopes to happen for them!

For Fi and I, although there have been some high points in '09 it has mainly been a year of significant challenges and sadness.
So:
- I would like to continue to enjoy my new job and excel in it. I would like to make a significant contribution within 2010 in my position and make my family proud.
- I hope my studies go well, I enjoy my units plus keep up my grades at uni - almost there!
- Better health for me, and continued good health for my Fi. I aim to exercise more and for both of us to become more healthy physically, emotionally and mentally.
- I want for both of us to finally bite the bullet and seek some counsel for the challenges we have faced in the last couple years and find peace with those.
- I hope Fi's studies keep going well and he finds a job that he doesn't dislike as much, and that gives him more fulfillment.
- A holiday!! Have not had one for way too long..and that we both manage to save some money.
- NO more funerals in 2010! This year saw 4 of our close friend's pass, all in quite tragic circumstance. These were proper friends that we had known since school, some since childhood - and they were all in their mid-20's. No family should lose a child that young
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, re: the job front. . .I had wished my Dh would find a job he loves. He is planning to give his two-weeks notice today, so hopefully good luck comes as much as we need it! He loved his job at first, but eventually it became apparent that his hard work and extra commitment were not appreciated and luckily another opportunity has come up.

Arjuanjane - I''m sorry about the loss of your friends. That must have made for a very tough year for you.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
a happy + healthy baby!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread.

2009 has been a year of very high highs and very low lows. So I''m hoping for some stability and predictability in my life. Also, I hope the company my dad works for has a good year and doesn''t have to shut their doors.

É

étoile

My hopes for 2010 are:

To be so much closer to finishing school.
1.gif

To learn to not stress and really give my worries to God and not take them back
17.gif

Hopefully to get engaged (fingers so crossed)
30.gif

To find myself a great job that makes me happy
9.gif

It''s been a rough year and I''ve worried far more than was good for me. I hope to just feel really positive and to take comfort in all my blessings.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:09:21 PM
Author: MC
Well, re: the job front. . .I had wished my Dh would find a job he loves. He is planning to give his two-weeks notice today, so hopefully good luck comes as much as we need it! He loved his job at first, but eventually it became apparent that his hard work and extra commitment were not appreciated and luckily another opportunity has come up.

Arjuanjane - I''m sorry about the loss of your friends. That must have made for a very tough year for you.

Thanks MC for your thoughts..
Yeah, it''s been pretty rough for us and of course the wider group of friends.

So hoping 2010 is different at least in that regard.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping for 2010 I find:

Fullfillment in starting my career after many years of schooling.
Change in moving to a new place (maybe even a new country?)
Happyness in a long awaited engagment
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I'm extremely excited for 2010!!!!!!! I have quite a few life changing events, so I'm hoping for happiness in all of these areas

-My wedding in July, so I'm ridiculously excited to become a wife!
-Finishing up my MA in December
-Possibly buying a house with FH

Oh, I can't wait for '10!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Nice idea for a thread! I hope all''s wishes come true!

My hopes for the new year:
For DH to find something he loves (as in job/career). He''s been going to school full-time, and is doing well, but he''s not sure school is the right fit for him right now.
To be less stressed at work. They''ve cut staffing at my hospital, too (like DandiAndi''s)... worked to the bone is mild. I feel sometimes like I''ve been through a war after a 12 hour shift (which turns into 13 or 14 often
14.gif
)
MAYBE... a baby? Love''d to have one. DH and I were planning on March-ish... but I think we''re both getting cold feet!
Obviously, good health and financial well-being for all my loved ones... and all my fellow PSer''s!!
I hope we spend our first-time homebuyers tax credit wisely, and save a nice hunk of it.

I can''t believe it''s gonna be 2010. How will you say it? two-thousand-ten, or twenty-ten? haha

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
This is an awesome thread Gypsy! I hope everyone''s wants, wishes and desires come true next year!

This is what I''m hoping for and of course anything is really taken gratefully for me!

* Health & happiness for my family and myself
* The man of my dreams!
emteeth.gif

* Suceed in my new role!
* Buy a house!

No order of preference of course!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
2009 has been a real pain. I am grateful for most things, but my health has been wacky all year. Now I have some big breast surgery to do in December. I really pray that goes well and I can get past this health issue that has caused me to live at stanford hospital for the past few months!

I have gained much perspective from 2009 though. I wish for 2010 to bring:

Improved health to me, my friends and family
More time and occasions to visit with my friends and family and to enchance those relationships
Time to mellow out, smell the roses, enjoy life!!!

Best to everyone as we leave 2009 and go to 2010!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
My wish for 2010:

Love ones to stay happy and healthy.
Receive a long-term research award.
Lose 10-20 pounds.
Having time to travel more.
DH''s job security and professional satisfaction, and just a bit less work hours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results