shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m pregnant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! you and your new hubby must be pleased as punch! now you can go straight from wedding planning to baby planning -- and baby stuff is so cute!!! wishing you heaps of health and happiness
emstar.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG congratulations selflove! i am sooooo happy for you and mr. selflove! here''s to happy, safe, and healthy pregnancy!!!!!!
emcocktl.gif
(<--- that''s a shirley temple...gotta keep you and your baby in tip top shape!)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 2:23:32 AM
Author: msflutter
A GTG to celebrate?!? I''m game! I got a new job and a new car this weekend! SO i may actually get to come to this celebration. Lets PLAN!
Ooooh... you need a celebration too. hehehe. New job and new car, how awesome is that? No more chaffeur for you. hehehe. What did you end up getting?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Self love~ A huge congratulations!~!! From your posts, you sound like a very positive hapy person. Although we have not met, your tone is controlled and honest, loving and sincere and I think if you are to be this way with your child.. you are going to make a great mommy.

Always be honest with children, a child should never be lied to..
Tell them EVERY DAY that you love them and that they are amazing.. even when they are infants.. somehow they feel it, know it...
It is hard to see them learn the hard lessons... cry for them when you are alone.. they will pull their strength from you in adverse situations.
If they need to know it, tell them, just tell them,
Never forget that they are a miracle... a gift given to you to watch over, take your job seriously, you were entrusted with a life, work to live up to that trust.
Do not say anything to them that you would not have said to you
Teach them to love and respect the other kids, even when they are better, even when they are not as good at the things they try. there will always be someone better and there will always be someone worse.. it is how you handle a situation that makes us who we are..
LOve them, Love them Love them and Love them,
Cry in front of them, laugh in front of them and make up silly songs with them in the car.
Motherhood is not a competition.. some mothers will make it so, in that situation... think about who you are competing for? Your child or yourself.. it iwll more likely be yourself.. as a mother.. we cannot be selfish.
Remember they love you.. unconditionally, love them uncondtionally.
very rarely are we thanked for the work and the effort we make as mothers... But one day you will something and know that you may have done something right.
As moms we worry whether we are doing the right thing.. And for my advice... I will tell a story..

This weekend my daughter played in State Soccer games... Kids games are 100% scarey and the parents can sometimes be downright nasty and the pressure can be huge. We had two guest players with us. They were unexperienced and nervous.. but played hard. We were in a medal match. Tied... huge game... huge rivals. One of the new kids were put in the goal.. she is significantly smaller than all the others (Our normal gaolie was not there and were down by 6 players... we were playing with a very slim roster) L (the girl in the goal) was very nervous, and scared. The other team made a goal on her. She was devestated. My daughter came over to her and gave her a hug on the field, whispered something into her ear and hugged her again. We lost the game. No blame... I suppose you have to know that once gain.. kids sports can be harsh. but my daughter went against what is unfortunately the norm... She decided that L was more important than a game. When she came off the sidelines, her teammates follwed suit and everyone gave L a hig and told it was fine. Later I asked her what she said to L, My daughter replied, "Don''t worry about it, if someone says you missed the goal and someone scored on you, I will tell them that I was the one in the goal and that they were just seeing wrong. We can share the blame together and that will make it half as hard.. besides, we win together, we lose together, but at least we do it together." I just looked at my daughter and cried, I told her that she made me so proud. I thought my heart would burst.

So we do not always get thanked, but everything we do and say.. our children hear and take in and with it.. they can conquer the world..

It is a miracle.. a big hug and congrats again selflove!!

One more thing... that selflove.. it is probably one of the greatest things you can teach your child..

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow...congrat''s ladies...babies babies babies...
21.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
OH you guys, I''m just all teary eyed, especially reading your advice and story MINE. I was out of town with no internet for days, came back to a crap load of work at my heinously stupid job, and finally I have a minute to check out PS. Thank you so much for all your kind words!!!!

Tybee & KristyDarling--I''m feeling great! No morning sickness really, a little soreness in my back and I"m a bit tired but I was also on the east coast so it could just be jet lag. Otherwise, I feel happy and glowy!!

MsFlutter & Miss Congeniality--Yes, this was exactly what T and I wanted!!

Tigerbear--I''ve told practically everyone by now (like family and close friends but no one at work except one of the doctors b/c I work for an OB/GYN unit). I know I''m not supposed to but I figure if anything bad happens, I''ll need my friends and family to lean on, right? (And you didn''t hijack, btw, I could talk about pregnancy now for hours with other preggo women!!)

QT, CG, MsF--Plan a GTG and I''ll be there!

MINE--I am going to save your words. Thank you for them...I can''t wait for motherhood! I already feel so much of what you described as love for your children and I really can''t wait to be a parent.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, Congratulations, Mommy!!! How exciting!!! I am so happy for you and hubby, how wonderful! Please keep us updated during this incredible journey. :)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I heart MINE and her daughters. :) I love love love reading MINE''s stories about her girls.. I think she deserves the Mom of the century award! :) (sorry to Hijack.. ) Congrats again to the new Moms to be!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Selflove, I am so thrilled for you!

I wish you the most rewarding of experiences with this new little one! Being pregnant is an experience that everyone can tell you about, but you must experience it to truly understand and appreciate it.

As a lady who has had the priviledge to have a large family, I can tell you that each time was amazing, different, and a miracle indeed. I feel truly humbled to be my children''s mom. It is a lot of work to bring a child into the world, but no other achievement in this life compares with it.

I personally welcome you to this amazing journey that you have just embarked upon!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!!!! very exciting!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Selflove - congratulations!!!!!!! You guys sure do move quick!
2.gif

I''m so very happy for you and all of the other new Mommies!

amyg

Shiny_Rock
HAHAHA...I remembered this post and after just getting our news thought I''d post...we''re pregnant too!!! And you thought you moved quick!! Best we can figure date of conception was 7/6, 5 days after the wedding...a honeymoon baby!! We''ve known for a few days now and it''s finally starting to sink in...complete surprise but we''re thrilled!!!!!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Amy! Congratulations
emstar.gif
sounds like you had a good time on your honeymoon
2.gif

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! Congratulations. Keep us posted every time you take a new step on this journey!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
How cute- a Honeymoon Baby. CONGRATS!

Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!!!! I just had to let it out somewhere!! I am just barely pregnant and we aren''t telling anyone other than immediate family until after 12 weeks, and it''s killing me!!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Amy G!!!! Hope you have a HEALTHY HEALTHY HEALTHY pregnancy!!!!!!

amyg

Shiny_Rock
You to selflove!!!! And sorry to have highjacked your thread a little...

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Amy--no worries! Spread the happy news!!!!!

I actually did not have a healthy pregnancy, but we''ll try again and better luck for us next time. It''s just so hard to WAIT to start trying again.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Selflove, I''m so sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok.
I wish you the very best in your next try.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Lili, I really appreciate it!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh selflove, I''m so sorry to hear your news. While I know it must be difficult for you right now, I believe everything happens for a reason. I wish you and your husband all the best as you try again. Keep us posted.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending (((hugs))) your way.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Selflove, *hugs*

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Big Big Big hugs to you selflove...I''ll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers...here''s to trying again!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Darling,
I just read this. I am so sorry. Lot''s of love and hugs going your way.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Selflove.... I''m so sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts are with you.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh selflove, I am so sorry. Here''s to trying again (when you''re ready). Thoughts and prayers are for you both.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
selflove, I just read your update. I''m so, so sorry to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results