shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m new...and so is my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m new to the boards, I''ve been lurking for a few weeks and decided I''d actually get in on the action. My bf of 7 years finally proposed on Christmas morning and here''s the lovely ring:

The specs are: .31 Round Brilliant, Ideal Cut (from BN), IF, F color

At first, after lurking around here for a while I was a bit concerned that maybe he should have sacrificed some of the quality for the size, seeing that most advice leans that way, but after wearing it for a while, I am very happy with the way it looks.

IMGP1374.JPG

mjso

Shiny_Rock
and one more photo of it actually on my hand!

IMGP1375.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mjso!
35.gif

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is so pretty!!! I love how it looks on your hand.
36.gif

Zoe

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome and Hello
36.gif

IF, F...WOW! It is a beauty!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely - WOW, IF...! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to PS!
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS! You'll love it here! Congrats on the engagement, and such a pretty, sparkly ring!

And thanks for giving me hope that after 7 years it still can happen! LOL!
31.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Welcome and Congratulations,

I love your ring; you cannot beat simplicity for a classic engagement ring.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, it''s a lovely ring!

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is lovely and classic!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the kind words. I find myself getting distracted by all of the sparklies!!

And yes, after 7 years there is still hope lol. I think he just got sick of people asking us "Why aren''t you married?!?"
41.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2007 3:42:11 PM
Author: mjso
Thanks for all of the kind words. I find myself getting distracted by all of the sparklies!!

And yes, after 7 years there is still hope lol. I think he just got sick of people asking us ''Why aren''t you married?!?''
41.gif
My DH and I were together for 5 years when he finally proposed...I was getting a bit antsy, lol!

Your ring is gorgeous, I love a simple solitaire! I am sure that it is a real sparkler! Congratulations to you and your FI on your engagement! And welcome to PS!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring! I''m all for color/clarity over size and your diamond is PERFECT!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!
36.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. My FI and I were together for 8 years before he proposed, so I can definitely relate. People actually thought we were secretly married...no joke. Congrats again and wear your ring in good health!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful - vey simple and elegant!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif

A big congrats on your engagement, your ring is beautiful. Best wishes to you both. More pics please, love seeing a IF F!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely! And an IF to boot! Congatulations
36.gif
36.gif

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
CrookedRock, is that an Oci in your avatar?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and a beautiful ring :).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I like that it''s so classic. Are you going to post more proposal details?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Classic beauty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful, welcome to Pricescope!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Classic beauty--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS. Your ring is lovely. Congratulations.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and beautiful, classic e-ring! You are right that some on pricescope give up a little quality in order to go for more size, but not everyone! There are many P-scopers who seek out and admire only the best in color and clarity -- and you definitely have that! It looks beautiful in your pic, but I know it must be stunning in person!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a spectacular diamond and your ring looks beautiful on your hand!
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement! Wow, that stone must really sparkle! The ring my husband gave me after 4 years of dating was a white gold solitaire, around .20 (I never knew the exact size). It was his grandmothers. I wore it for 8 years. We were together for 13 1/2 years before we actually got married. So hang in there, guys that are slow to jump in are also slow to jump out. They are in it for the long haul!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
It really does sparkle like crazy. I''m a horrible photographer as is, so taking a picture to really capture the sparkle of this diamond is nearly impossible for me! I''m going to try again, now that the sun has come out (I swear it was cloudy all week after the engagement!) to see if I can get more fire pics.

The proposal was sweet. After opening all of our presents christmas morning, he said "oops, I think I forgot one" and ran upstairs. He came back down with the ring and got down on one knee. He said some stuff that I don''t really remember (lol!) as I was stunned to see the ring. I had no idea it was coming, so it was nice to have a total surprise. The ring was 2 sizes too big (he tried to measure me in my sleep, apparently I''m a heavy sleeper). So we took it to a B&M to get it resized. I was a little concerned that it would take a long time and that it might be expensive (the setting is in platinum and I know that''s harder to work on). But we ended up finding a place that only charged us $65 (as compared to the over $100 at the first two places) and would have it ready the next day the jewler came in, which happened to be two days after we were there. We could have shipped it back to BN to get it done for free, but I didn''t want to part with it for that long.

Thanks again for all of the great compliments!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 2:32:10 PM
Author: mjso
It really does sparkle like crazy. I''m a horrible photographer as is, so taking a picture to really capture the sparkle of this diamond is nearly impossible for me! I''m going to try again, now that the sun has come out (I swear it was cloudy all week after the engagement!) to see if I can get more fire pics.
I have photographed my ring hundreds of times (eek, I really do have to get a life), and I too still cannot capture the sparkle and fire I see at the time. I even use a macro lens & go outside. I''ve captured color, but not the extreme fire or brilliance like I am seeing in person. I''ve seen it done, I just haven''t figured out how. Maybe I should take a class in e-ring photo taking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results