shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m just bursting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
so i know i wrote just a week ago about my lame family who wasn''t coming. my mom is now more than making up for the others. this post isn''t really about much but to brag about my amazing mother! she came down last night, and she''s staying with us this weekend for the bachelorette party and bridal shower.

my colors are burgundy, green, and orange.

she went shopping and got matching plates/napkins, tied all of the silverware, and arranged it all in a pattern. its adoreable. i can''t wait to show pictures. she got watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew to make a fruit salad. she is making a cranberry punch with orange sherbet and lime slices. the cheese dips are pizza flavored (its orange), a key lime dessert dip (green), and sweet pepper jelly over cream cheese (burgundy).

my favors are carmel apples, but i wanted to put antique forks in them instead of sticks and kind of mentioned it to her but never really did anything about it. she scrubbed 200 antique forks she found at various markets, they are gorgeous and shine, and surprised me with them.
she is just so excited, cannot wait. she went shopping all day yesterday with my sister, and they keep giggling over excitement over all of the surprises they have in store- she just wants to spill the beans on everything.

i was honestly thinking that they weren''t gonna do much for me, and didn''t expect it/want it since i know money is tight. but they have already blown away my expectations, and now i''m more excited than ever for this weekend. i could cry!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
That is so awesome! Your mom sounds like a pretty cool lady! Have a blast this weekend!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! can''t wait to see pics of everything!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! You sound so happy - just like a bride should!
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 cheers for Mom!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Aw, go mom!! Have fun this weekend!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! Your mom is soo nice and soo sweet!!! Have fun this weekend and can''t wait to see pictures!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It''s so wonderful to see how families come together at weddings! Your mum sounds amazing, you lucky girl!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh charbie (and your dogs that i want to kiss on the cheeks each time you post), that''s so great!!! that sounds so cute and delicious!! can''t wait to see pictures!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Aww that''s really sweet that your mum did all of that stuff for you!! Can''t wait to see the pics.. everything sounds yummy!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your mum sounds awesome :) what a sweet and lovely lady, stuff like this makes me smile thanks for sharing :D.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing!

Your mom sounds like a wonderful person--on top of being a wonderful mom!!!

Have a wonderful celebration weekend! Come back and post pictures!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome Charbie! I''m glad your mom and sister were able to pull together for you!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
thanks, ladies, for all of the sweet comments! i just feel so lucky right now- the crazy part is that this is just the half of it- i'm sure i'll have so many fun things to report on sunday evening once i find out what all of these surprises are! let's just hope i remember....i'll be sure to post the (appropriate) pictures...
31.gif

ETA: there are other foods being served as well, i just thought it was so cute that she even went through all of the trouble to make foods that matched my colors- i mean, seriously! even the salad- its a spinach salad with mandarin oranges, strawberries, and red onions to that IT even matches. i just realized it sounded like the weirdest menu ever- there are some non-matching foods as well :)

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
the caramel apples with silverware instead of sticks sounds like such a great idea- you HAVE to post pics!!!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh yay charbie! your mom sounds like such a sweetheart!
36.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
What a great mom charbie!!
36.gif
36.gif
have a wonderful weekend
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s so amazing! I''m not a very DIY person myself, and I would love to have a mom to do fun projects like that. You''re very lucky to have such a helpful and loving mom
5.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
everything was WONDERFUL!

we started out at my house with a custome made shirt by my sister. it was a black tank with penis mardi gras beads as the straps :) they made an adoreable veil with sticky hearts on it, and although i wasn''t a fan, a suck for a buck shirt. i made over $50 though, and even spent some of the money i made on drinks, so it was more than that for sure. haha! we went to a dueling piano bar where i got on stage and did the hokey-pokey with all of the girls. we finished the night off at the bar where i met FI. my sister had my ID, so they wouldn''t let me in until she came back from dropping things off at the car. we have great pictures of me fighting the bouncer and then trying to plead with a cop to let me in. didn''t work
7.gif

they gave all the girls coozies with my name, a picture of a girl falling off a barstool, and then the date of the bachelorette party- soooo cute. i loved everything and had just the best time!

the shower today was gorgeous. my mom and sisters did an amazing job, the food was SOOOO good, and i got a whole lot of great gifts. all in all i''m sooooooo excited for the wedding now and just want to get this party GOING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results