shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm going to be a Maggie bride :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So I posted pics of the first dress that I tried on here and wrote about my disappointing experience (back in August). Since then, I've been crazy busy with school and too annoyed to go back to another place to try on any other dresses.

Throughout this time I have been eyeing up a particular dress that I really wanted to try but I could not find ANY stores (maryland, delaware, PA, NY, NJ) that carried it.

Finally, I just gave in and paid 100$ for a sample of it to be brought into a bridal store.

It was the ONLY dress I found online that I really, REALLY loved. There was one other one that I thought had potential that they just so happened to have at the store too, which was an Allure dress.

I was worried it wouldn't look as good in person as it did in the picture or that it wouldn't look as good as it did on the model.

WELL. Let me just say....

That when I put that dress on.....
:love: :love: :love: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT :love: :love: :love:

It looked PERFECT. It looked exactly the way that it did in the pictures online and when I put it on, it looked stunning. I didn't expect to fall in love with any dress at all, I just figured that I would really like a dress and buy it but I actually really did fall in love with it.

I tried on 6 other dresses and none of them came close to this one. I'm crazy excited to wear it. It's so me in every single aspect. As soon as I walked out in it my best friend knew it was the one too. There were other people in the store too and their reaction to the dress in comparison to the rest said it all too.

Unfortunately, they do not allow pictures in the store so I have no pictures except the online one....when it gets shipped in, I'll definitely be taking pictures and posting. It looks even more beautiful in person, as the beading is absolutely awesome on it :) Here it is:

maggie-sottero-a3428_02.jpg

maggie-sottero-a3428.jpg

maggie-sottero-wedding-dress-ella.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! It's a beautiful dress - I'm so happy you just went ahead and paid to get a sample! :appl:

ac719

Shiny_Rock
its beautiful! cant wait to see pics!!!! :D

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on finding the dress!!!! can't wait to see pictures :)

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i can't wait to see pics of you in this dress!!! :love: :love: :love:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful dress :appl:

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
OH MY :love:
That dress would be a dream to photograph - BEAUTIFUL!
Can't wait to see pics!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for your pics in this dress!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Can't wait to see pics!!! I was a Maggie bride too :)

mogster

Shiny_Rock
The dress is gorgeous and I just love that style - the straps, lace, beading... I haven't really started dress shopping except to try on a similar dress by Pronovias (Jupiter) that I found on Craigslist, but alas, it was much, much, much too big on me.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
mogster|1314832570|3006826 said:
The dress is gorgeous and I just love that style - the straps, lace, beading... I haven't really started dress shopping except to try on a similar dress by Pronovias (Jupiter) that I found on Craigslist, but alas, it was much, much, much too big on me.

Ah, they have lots of sites that sell maggie dresses for MUCH less.

I had my first dress fitting and I do have pics but I have been hesitant to post them because its pictures of the dress only in the bustle...I forgot to take some with the train down!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No!!!! you must post anyway - i've been dying to see that dress on you. It's truly beautiful!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1314833256|3006842 said:
No!!!! you must post anyway - i've been dying to see that dress on you. It's truly beautiful!

Well....the other reason is because I gained a little bit of weight (nothing insane...about 5-8 lbs) that I'm losing right now so when I went for the fitting, I felt like a blimp :(

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314833520|3006846 said:
violet3|1314833256|3006842 said:

Well....the other reason is because I gained a little bit of weight (nothing insane...about 5-8 lbs) that I'm losing right now so when I went for the fitting, I felt like a blimp :(

Maybe I'll post jusssssst one.

I have my second fitting on the 22nd, coming up soon!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about it, you have plenty of time before the wedding, and even though you can feel the weight gain, I'm sure you look stunning in your dress. I remember that feeling from when i tried my dress on and kind of freaked out that it was tight - it all works out in the end. I'd love to see a pic if you're up for it, but if you'd rather wait, I completely understand.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1314834374|3006859 said:
Don't worry about it, you have plenty of time before the wedding, and even though you can feel the weight gain, I'm sure you look stunning in your dress. I remember that feeling from when i tried my dress on and kind of freaked out that it was tight - it all works out in the end. I'd love to see a pic if you're up for it, but if you'd rather wait, I completely understand.

That is exactly what I need to hear :)

Ok so here is one shot, the train is as long as the veil is and the bottom is going to be hemmed so she has it pinned in that picture...the bottom will look like the stock pictures after the hem. I chose this bustle instead of the french because it seemed to flow a lot better :)

don't mind my face =D

-4.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1314834374|3006859 said:

That is exactly what I need to hear :)

Ok so here is one shot, the train is as long as the veil is and the bottom is going to be hemmed so she has it pinned in that picture...the bottom will look like the stock pictures after the hem. I chose this bustle instead of the french because it seemed to flow a lot better :)

don't mind my face =D

-4.jpg

mogster

Shiny_Rock
You look soooo. incredibly. gorgeous. in that dress!!!!!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my lord - that dress is just amazing! You look stunning in it and totally wear it well - the back is to die for....really. I agree about your bustle - it works really well, and with a flowy lace dress, you want it to move well (the whole point of a dress like that i think). You don't look like you need to lose any weight from the picture - your body looks fantastic. but, if the 5-8 lbs would make you feel better on your day, do it. Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the second fitting and wedding pics!!!!

p.s. love the veil.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, you look stunning! Don't even give us this trash talk about "needing to lose weight" ... :love: I actually love the dress on you more so than I love it on the model in the stock photo!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
:appl: Beautiful dress, beautiful bride!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I agree, I like how the dress looks on you more than the stock photo! It's so lovely! So glad you went with your gut and paid the money to have it brought in! I agree with the others, if you want to lose a few pounds cuz you feel better like that, ok, but if you think you need to lose weight for that dress to look stunning, I think you are wrong! You look great!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
WOW :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you guys so much. I really can't explain how much I appreciate the nice comments.

I promise to take pictures of the train during my 2nd fitting. I think since I lost so much weight last year (40 lbs) that I'm still a little bit 'mentally' screwed up. So the 10 lb weight gain makes me feel like its 30. I know I have to lose it for my mental sanity....my mom asked me only to lose 5. She said that the dress looks better on me NOW then when I first tried (when I was 10 lbs lighter) because I'm more curvy right now. Maybe I'll settle and just lose 5 :)

Again, thank you so much for your compliments...it makes me feel really happy.

I'm also so happy I paid the money to have it brought in...it was so worth it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-- you look stunning and dont NEED to lose a pound. I can't believe you lost 40 this past year...!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness that is a fabulous dress, and you look stunning in it! I can't see one area where you could lose a pound, but I do understand the feeling of having an extra couple on, even though nobody can see it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
autumn you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the train and the front :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies so much :) More pictures soon, promise!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS. :love:

I was also a Maggie bride. Many years ago. I wore the "Sarchi". It had multicolored beading all over. I say had, it has. I still have it. I doubt I can fit in it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look beautiful in the dress Autumn!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results