shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M ENGAGED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well ladies I''m engaged! It happened last Friday. I got home from work, and as I walked into the kitchen I could see that our doggy gate was in the middle of the kitchen. I looked over to where it''s supposed to be, only to find a path of red rose petals scattered on the floor. There was my BF standing there with the ring box in his hand. He lit the living room with candles, had the fireplace going, and had some wonderful soothing music.(I''m pretty sure it was R&B) Everything seemed surreal. I didn''t know what to do. He asked me to come over, and as I was walking towards him, I began to cry. He took my hand, and he began to cry. We were both crying, that he had a hard time speaking. He got down on one knee and said "you make me so happy. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? " "of course" I said, and we both continued, to which by now was sobbing, while hugging and holding each other. As crazy as this may sound, the ring meant nothing to me at this point, in comparison to that feeling we both shared holding each other. I can''t even explain it. When we finally let go, ( we held each other for a while) he then took out the ring and put it on my finger. ( We then hugged each other some more, and wiped the tears). The scene, for me, was something out of the movies. I could not have been happier. I have pictures. They are not the greatest so please bare with me. I''m going to TRY to Load them. (i''m very computer challenged)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 12:00:39 PM
Author:louisvgirl
Well ladies I''m engaged! It happened last Friday. I got home from work, and as I walked into the kitchen I could see that our doggy gate was in the middle of the kitchen. I looked over to where it''s supposed to be, only to find a path of red rose petals scattered on the floor. There was my BF standing there with the ring box in his hand. He lit the living room with candles, had the fireplace going, and had some wonderful soothing music.(I''m pretty sure it was R&B) Everything seemed surreal. I didn''t know what to do. He asked me to come over, and as I was walking towards him, I began to cry. He took my hand, and he began to cry. We were both crying, that he had a hard time speaking. He got down on one knee and said ''you make me so happy. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? '' ''of course'' I said, and we both continued, to which by now was sobbing, while hugging and holding each other. As crazy as this may sound, the ring meant nothing to me at this point, in comparison to that feeling we both shared holding each other. I can''t even explain it. When we finally let go, ( we held each other for a while) he then took out the ring and put it on my finger. ( We then hugged each other some more, and wiped the tears). The scene, for me, was something out of the movies. I could not have been happier. I have pictures. They are not the greatest so please bare with me. I''m going to TRY to Load them. (i''m very computer challenged)
LOL...congrats louisvgirl...looking forward to seeing the pics, but is it OK if I keep my clothes on while waiting?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! that sounds very very sweet and romantic. can''t wait to see the pictures!

tgal- haha!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I hope this worked
6.gif

engagement 101.JPG

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Here it is with my flowers.

engagement 102.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yay, congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The way you told your proposal story gave me goosebumps. That is exactly how it should be. I''m so happy for you and your FI!

Your ring looks beautiful, looking forward to seeing more pics...
1.gif

TGal - you crack me up! Sometimes I consider subscribing to your posts!
9.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Got the hang of this.

engagement 104.JPG

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Side view

Engagement 11.JPG

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another

Engagement Ring 110.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats--you sound very happy!! Hope your dog didn''t eat the flowers......
9.gif
emdog.gif
emrose.gif

cheers--Sharon

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
A different view

Engagement Ring 107.JPG

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Canuk-gal,
Yeah, he left them outside,,so when they saw me, they went crazy..they wouldn''t stop scratching on the door..I did ask him "how long did you leave them outside". He gave them about 10 treats to get them outside!!! So make that R & B music and dogs scratching and barking!
26.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Traveling gal...your''re so funny..are you an English teacher by any chance...BTW I hope your dressed!
35.gif

chelleliz

Rough_Rock

Awww that sounds perfect! Your ring is gorgeous and your DF sounds even better! Thanks for sharing -- I got teary-eyed.

1.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!
36.gif

Beautiful ring and what an amazing story!! Put a big smile on my face!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful.

TGal-I love it!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous.
30.gif

lxb87

Rough_Rock
Your story is so sweet! Now that''s romance. Congratulations, and your ring is spectacular!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 12:59:03 PM
Author: louisvgirl
Traveling gal...your''re so funny..are you an English teacher by any chance...BTW I hope your dressed!
35.gif
Well, I took the liberty of keeping my clothes on, yes...

Gorgeous ring...classic and looks huge!

And no, not an English teacher...just one of the many PS English majors.
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
well i took my clothes off
i was reading during class and thought it would make things spicy
lol

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! And give us some more pics - I love your ring!!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring and proposal! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
To Die for Proposal! Every girls dream! Congratulations!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 12:03:35 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 11/19/2007 12:00:39 PM
Author:louisvgirl
Well ladies I''m engaged! It happened last Friday. I got home from work, and as I walked into the kitchen I could see that our doggy gate was in the middle of the kitchen. I looked over to where it''s supposed to be, only to find a path of red rose petals scattered on the floor. There was my BF standing there with the ring box in his hand. He lit the living room with candles, had the fireplace going, and had some wonderful soothing music.(I''m pretty sure it was R&B) Everything seemed surreal. I didn''t know what to do. He asked me to come over, and as I was walking towards him, I began to cry. He took my hand, and he began to cry. We were both crying, that he had a hard time speaking. He got down on one knee and said ''you make me so happy. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? '' ''of course'' I said, and we both continued, to which by now was sobbing, while hugging and holding each other. As crazy as this may sound, the ring meant nothing to me at this point, in comparison to that feeling we both shared holding each other. I can''t even explain it. When we finally let go, ( we held each other for a while) he then took out the ring and put it on my finger. ( We then hugged each other some more, and wiped the tears). The scene, for me, was something out of the movies. I could not have been happier. I have pictures. They are not the greatest so please bare with me. I''m going to TRY to Load them. (i''m very computer challenged)
LOL...congrats louisvgirl...looking forward to seeing the pics, but is it OK if I keep my clothes on while waiting?
9.gif
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and you have a wonderful proposal story to share!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring looks ginormous on your finger!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful story and ring!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i totally got all misty eyed reading your story!!! how wonderful!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww I got all misty and nearly teared up reading your proposal sooo beautiful, but then I read T-gal''s post and burst out laughing :razz:

Congratulation''s :)

mirre

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

Very beautiful proposal story!

I agree with the other ladies... your ring looks HUGE on your finger!!!

If you don''t mind, what size is your finger and what is the carat of the ring?

Congrats again!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results