shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thatgirl4h

Rough_Rock

He proposed 2 weeks ago and I''m just beginning to get off cloud 9 (I''m on cloud 8.5, i guess...)

I''m going to try and post pics of my ring, but they don''t really do it justice.

Stats are 1.5 carats RB, G color, SI2, Excellent Cut, Excellent Polish, Very Good Symmetry

Lisa T Pretty Ring 1.jpg

thatgirl4h

Rough_Rock
and more (taken with a camera phone)

Lisa Pretty Ring 3.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Stunning ring! Really beuatiful! Congrats on the engagement!!!

And what kind of camera phone do you have?! I''ve never seen a camera phone take that kind of a picture! ha!

thatgirl4h

Rough_Rock
bad pic, but good to me!

The night he proposed.JPG

thatgirl4h

Rough_Rock
the third pic wasn''t taken with a camera phone, the last one was - i forgot which one i was uploading!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, AMAZING RING!!!! And congrats on getting engaged!!!
36.gif

Any profile pics? Please oh please? And do you know where he got the ring?
1.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
absolutely stunning!!!!
36.gif
What is your ring size?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT looking stone. You really captured it with your photos! Congrats!!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is very pretty! Keep taking pictures!

thatgirl4h

Rough_Rock
i love my stone, not quite as crazy about the setting - he got both from blue nile. he''s quite a techie and read the article in the ny times about blue nile in january and decided then that he''d get it from there. he was really happy with the customer service and the overall experience there. and, the ring appraised for over twice what he paid for it, and a few hundred dollars more than their own appraisal.

originally i thought i would upgrade with an eternity-band-type setting, but i now i like the classic 6-prong look. if anyone can suggest a "nicer" version of that setting, please do...blue nile''s is a little too metal-heavy, which is why i haven''t taken a profile shot. i''ll try it this weekend and show you what i mean. i do like the band though, it''s just the crown that bothers me - do you think a jeweler could fix the prongs, make them a little less prominent?

the stone sparkles like nothing i''ve ever seen (my coworkers tease me every time we leave the building for a meeting because i''ll just stare at it in the sun) and it''s just cut so well. i wish i could capture the hearts and arrows better, they''re really fantastic.

my ring size is 7.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 4:16:18 PM
Author: thatgirl4h
i love my stone, not quite as crazy about the setting - he got both from blue nile. he''s quite a techie and read the article in the ny times about blue nile in january and decided then that he''d get it from there. he was really happy with the customer service and the overall experience there. and, the ring appraised for over twice what he paid for it, and a few hundred dollars more than their own appraisal.

originally i thought i would upgrade with an eternity-band-type setting, but i now i like the classic 6-prong look. if anyone can suggest a ''nicer'' version of that setting, please do...blue nile''s is a little too metal-heavy, which is why i haven''t taken a profile shot. i''ll try it this weekend and show you what i mean. i do like the band though, it''s just the crown that bothers me - do you think a jeweler could fix the prongs, make them a little less prominent?

the stone sparkles like nothing i''ve ever seen (my coworkers tease me every time we leave the building for a meeting because i''ll just stare at it in the sun) and it''s just cut so well. i wish i could capture the hearts and arrows better, they''re really fantastic.

my ring size is 7.
Congratulations. Beautiful diamond. Love the classic solitaire. He did well.

If you want a different head, I suggest checking out various jewelers and take a look at the resetting work that they do, and get a quote for a different head. It may be quite affordable. Anyway, you will need a local jeweler to periodically check the prongs and service the ring.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations-it''s beautiful!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Since you had a pleasant online purchasing experience with Blue Nile, then perhaps you would be open to one with WhiteFlash? WF has a few nice solitaire settings to pick from...

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Holy smokes! That is a beautiful diamond! How can you stop yourself from staring at it all the time??!!!
26.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and Congrats!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! Congrats on your ring and engagement!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How pretty! Congratulations, too!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous, I really like the setting. What is it about it you don''t like?

Congratulations by the way! Profile pics would be nice...
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! Congrats!

Check out various jewellers. I personally prefer having settings custom made locally. Good luck!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful and I love the arrows shot!

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful and classic setting! What carat weight eternity band are you thinking about getting?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond! Congrats on your engagement!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone!! Congrats on your pending nuptials! Please shoot us some profile shots of your ring....and you know any form of vegetation or flower or anything you can think of can be used for a prop. So get busy and get us some more!! We want more of that beauty.

Oh tell your techie fiance he did a fabulous job!!
36.gif

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just beautiful!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous--congrats!!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Love those arrows. Congratulations to you and your fiancee!!!!!

Linda

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Dang, your diamond is a stunner!! Congratulations
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!
It''s quite likely that a good local jeweler could replace the head (which I think is what you meant by "crown"). Lots of people here like the Solstice head made by the Stuller company. I believe that JCrow and Mara both have modified Solstice heads. It makes for a low, swoopy look. I''m a fan! If you do change the head just make sure your jeweler makes it such that a wedding band will sit flush with the ring (assuming that''s important to you).

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results