shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m engaged too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:37:17 AM
Author: ginseng_girl
thank you for all the kind comments! to answer beacon and angeline...the diamond is a blue nile signature and the setting is from excel something? the stone was set at a local jewelers (who didn't do a great job
8.gif
)

i'll try to put up a few more pictures...i'm not very good at taking pictures though, i must admit. i only get one good shot for every 50 pictures i take it seems!
How come you say that?

And yes, it takes a lot in the beginning to get a lot of good ones. Just keep taking them.
11.gif
2.gif

Yay to more pics! Try one on a windowsill.
2.gif

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
here are a couple more if you are interested!

cut off hand.jpg

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:46:52 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 7/21/2007 9:37:17 AM

thank you for all the kind comments! to answer beacon and angeline...the diamond is a blue nile signature and the setting is from excel something? the stone was set at a local jewelers (who didn''t do a great job
8.gif
)

i''ll try to put up a few more pictures...i''m not very good at taking pictures though, i must admit. i only get one good shot for every 50 pictures i take it seems!
How come you say that?

And yes, it takes a lot in the beginning to get a lot of good ones. Just keep taking them.
11.gif
2.gif

Yay to more pics! Try one on a windowsill.
2.gif

i say that because the arrows don''t line up straight with the prongs and one of the prongs is a little crooked.
40.gif
is that being too anal?? maybe i only notice because i''m always starting at my ring! the shock of getting engaged and having a ring on my finger still hasn''t worn off! i try to just sneak glances at it hee hee hee.

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
you can see what i''m talking about in this picture...

on bed.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:57:14 AM

i say that because the arrows don''t line up straight with the prongs and one of the prongs is a little crooked.
40.gif
is that being too anal?? maybe i only notice because i''m always starting at my ring! the shock of getting engaged and having a ring on my finger still hasn''t worn off! i try to just sneak glances at it hee hee hee.
lol A true PS''r and you just got here.
9.gif

I see what you mean, about both. I would definitely have them fix the prong. About the arrows, well, if it bothers you that much, you could have them realign it. Do you see it a lot in real life, or just in pictures?

Too anal? Not on here.
9.gif
2.gif

There are some it would bother.
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually though, you don''t want the arrows lined up WITH the prongs, as that would mean part of the arrow tip is covered, and that''s where you''ll get flashes of fire.
2.gif

But they could redo it so it''s not kind of "off" like it is now, but yet symmetrical with the prongs.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks for the profile shots! That ring is gorgeous and looks SO big on you. You have great hands and take great photos too! And the anal-ness? - you''re a born PS''er! Welcome to the madness LOL
9.gif
35.gif
9.gif

a

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Gorgeous ring. CONGRATS on your engagement and your beautiful BIG rock! I agree, that rock looks HUGE on your dainty, slim finger. ENJOY!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I really love the setting. It looks HUGE on your fingers.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring looks devine. And your hands a perfect compliment! Lucky gal!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is gorgeous and huge on your finger! Your nails look fatastic as well! Congratulations on your engagement!

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful...congrats...

majupa611

Rough_Rock
what type of wedding band are you considering?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I never get tired of looking at the beautiful rings on this forum, and that is a BEAUTY!

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
aww hi ps~~! i haven''t been able to come on here for a while...just started school again and it''s been a crazy whirlwind! i do sneak on here for quick study breaks every once in while to get a dose of sparklies -- instant happiness. heheh.

thank you all for your nice comments!!! you all make me so proud of my fiance and his effort in making me happy.

ellen - i asked a jeweler if i could fix my prong and she said it might weaken the setting, so i decided to just suck up my anal-ness and leave it be. it doesn''t bother me too much. but if i ever get my diamond reset, i''ll know to be specific about the prongs! hehehe. i didn''t know realize the sparkles came from the arrows! that''s good to know otherwise i would have thought to try to line the arrows up with the prongs -- seems logical for a newbie i know.
emsmile.gif

majupa - i think i want to get an eternity of some sort (like 10 stone-ring for easy sizing later)...i''m scared about the shared prong setting scratching up the prongs on my ering, but i love that look! i''m in the process of looking around...i''ve been definitely looking at some of our lovely ps''ers solitaire/eternity combos! they''re so beautiful!!!

i can''t decide! i saw one at a local jeweler''s that i haven''t really seen around: it was kind of like shared prong except that each round diamond had 4 teeny prongs holding it into the ring so it had more of a square look to it. i don''t know if i''m making any sense. i tried to research the name of that kind of eternity setting but haven''t had much luck. anyway, i think i have to keep researching until i find one that really sings to me! i can''t wait until i find it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 8:49:04 PM
ellen - i asked a jeweler if i could fix my prong and she said it might weaken the setting, so i decided to just suck up my anal-ness and leave it be. it doesn''t bother me too much. but if i ever get my diamond reset, i''ll know to be specific about the prongs! hehehe. i didn''t know realize the sparkles came from the arrows! that''s good to know otherwise i would have thought to try to line the arrows up with the prongs -- seems logical for a newbie i know.
emsmile.gif
Hmmm, you might want to check with another jeweler about that. I say this because right after I got my new setting, I knocked it hard, enough to really move the prong out of alignment, and had a jeweler move it back with no problem. Just moving it back should not weaken the setting, people whack prongs and move them all the time. The setting should be able to take it with no problem.
28.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O-M-G...I thought there was a typo in your diamond stats, thought it should''ve read "2.39" instead of "1.39" at first...you DO have skinny fingers, and it DOES look like 2+ carats on your hand! It''s gorgeous, congratulations and wear it in good health!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results