shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged! Oval w/ pear sides from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! I loved the crystal pictures the best! Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pictures! Classic and elegant!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and so classy! Congratulations!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I initially started looking at ovals, but fiance got a little overwhelmed and really wanted to go with the "safety" of an RB. Your ring makes me regret it a tinge! If I''d known about Mark T...who knows...
1.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring - and your mother's hedgehog Swarovski crystal
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - love it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Jen, your ring is just gorgeous, really!! Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

And congratulations!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Love that oval!! Ovals are a personal fav of mine and your ring is gorgeous. Brilliant white color too! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Jen--I posted to your Rocky Talky posting by mistake. I love your ring. I think it looks amazing.
36.gif
30.gif
I think the little heart prongs at the tips of the pear sidestones are adorable. Do you mind if I ask if your setting was custom?

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Jen! Congratulations and that is one helluva sparkler!!! Love Love Love all the pictures!!!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, THANK YOU, everyone!!! All my friends say they love my ring but when I start talking about all the details their eyes kinda glaze over.
20.gif
(However, the not-yet-engaged ones all said they will be sure to send their boyfriends my way once they''re ready to get engaged
31.gif
) I''m so glad I have you guys to share these pictures and love for diamonds!!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 11:34:32 PM
Author: basil
Lovely! I initially started looking at ovals, but fiance got a little overwhelmed and really wanted to go with the ''safety'' of an RB. Your ring makes me regret it a tinge! If I''d known about Mark T...who knows...
1.gif
I was tempted to go the "safe" route with a round or a princess too! However, EVERYONE I know has rounds or princesses and I wanted to be different. Also, the oval looked the best on my finger! (Princesses made my fingers look like kielbasas
14.gif
)

And to be honest, I was a bit scared to go to ERD for an oval because I couldn''t find anyone else on PS who had purchased an oval from them. However, I''m soooo glad I did! Both Mark and Gary have such great eyes and I''ll keep referring everyone I know over to them!

My mother has an RB, and it''s actually a pretty nice one for having purchased it at a B&M. People have always commented on how sparkly it is, even strangers. Well, my oval blows her RB out of the water! She said, "Well it''s because your diamond is newer...once I clean mine I bet it''ll sparkle as much as yours." Well, she cleaned it last night and my oval was still better! Now she''s tempted for an upgrade... (but don''t tell my father that!
2.gif
)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen, I love it, "dualing diamonds".
9.gif

and lol @ kielbasas

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 11:39:40 PM
Author: Stephanie
I love your ring - and your mother''s hedgehog Swarovski crystal
1.gif
Thank you! Her Swarovski collection is small but she adds 1-2 pieces every year. Everyone seems to like the crystal pictures the best....I better take some more later today!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 9:15:49 PM
Author: dianne
Jen--I posted to your Rocky Talky posting by mistake. I love your ring. I think it looks amazing.
36.gif
30.gif
I think the little heart prongs at the tips of the pear sidestones are adorable. Do you mind if I ask if your setting was custom?
Thanks, dianne!!! Yes the setting was custom-made. When Gary was showing me all the options I have for pre-made settings that will hold my diamonds, nothing really jumped at me. So I sent him a picture of a setting I had found from PS, and in order to make it a bit different from the original, the heart prongs were put into place and the band was made thinner (these changes was a surprise from me but I think my boyfriend fiance and Gary did a great job!)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 8:23:20 AM
Author: JenStone

Date: 7/1/2007 9:15:49 PM
Author: dianne
36.gif
30.gif
Thanks, dianne!!! Yes the setting was custom-made. When Gary was showing me all the options I have for pre-made settings that will hold my diamonds, nothing really jumped at me. So I sent him a picture of a setting I had found from PS, and in order to make it a bit different from the original, the heart prongs were put into place and the band was made thinner (these changes was a surprise from me but I think my boyfriend fiance and Gary did a great job!)
Your fiance and Gary make a great team. The ring is so gorgeous. I am thrilled for you. Funny you keep saying boyfriend...I''m sure that''s hard to remember....just when you get used to it you will have to change again to say say ''husband''!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE your oval!!! Awesome finger coverage, amazing stones, and a gorgeous setting!!! CONGRATS on your engagement and your new sparkly!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, its gorgeous. I love ovals diamonds and yours looks like its stunning!
18.gif

Congrats on the engagement!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely and elegant ring! Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ovals--my fav! Your ring is stunning--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen that is seriously one gorgeous oval!!! Beautiful, blinding white, wonderfully cut oval and gorgeous side pears in that ring!!! Congrats!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I showed my boyfriend this ring and said, "You know, I never liked that cut...but isn''t this pretty?" because he had just made me look at all sorts of boy things online so I figured he needed to see something pretty.
28.gif

Well, he said, "Yeah, it is, but it has an odd kind of symmetry, don''t you think?" And it upset my freaky need for balance. SO (as silly as I know this sounds) I''m very happy to tell you that after about half an hour of careful scrutiny I determined that your ring is wonderfully symmetrical and very high on my list of jewelry pieces I am completely and totally jealous of.
36.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! I also like the crystal shots best. I think crystal pics should be the "new" flower pics (although flower pics should always be mandatory!) You take beautiful pictures!
face1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Jen I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!! It is sort of like a cousin to mine... same size, very similar setting, just pears instead of rounds. And the pears look amazing!! I really loved the look of pear sidestones, but DH insisted he liked the rounds better, and I figured I may as well give him SOMEthing...
2.gif

You must be so excited... does it feel wonderful to have it on your finger?? Congratulations!!!

Oh and here are some things I found and saved about people who wear ovals:

• Feminine, individualistic, well-rounded, and innovative women enjoy the oval cut diamond.
• An oval diamond is classic enough to reflect your femininity… while being unique enough to show off that individual style you’ve cultivated.
• For example, the luxurious oval-shaped diamond conveys an impression of luxury, regardless of how it is worn. Fun-loving women who often let their true wild side shine through are drawn to this diamond shape.
• You have all the same values of a round but there is something inside you that cries out to be different and not go with the crowd. Oval wearers make great wives! On one side they are predictable, stable and dependable but every now and then they have a wild hair and let loose!
• Because of its elongated shape and curvature, it is considered a very classical and elegant diamond. The oval diamond ring is a timeless engagement ring that flatters the shape of the hand and will always remain in style.
• Oval: You are fun loving, creative, and down to earth.
• The graceful shape of ovals catches the eye of the feminine, individualistic, and creative woman who enjoys the arts.
• Oval: Creative, individualistic, well-organized, dependable, willing to take chances.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 11:19:47 AM
Author: princesss
So, I showed my boyfriend this ring and said, ''You know, I never liked that cut...but isn''t this pretty?'' because he had just made me look at all sorts of boy things online so I figured he needed to see something pretty.
28.gif

Well, he said, ''Yeah, it is, but it has an odd kind of symmetry, don''t you think?'' And it upset my freaky need for balance. SO (as silly as I know this sounds) I''m very happy to tell you that after about half an hour of careful scrutiny I determined that your ring is wonderfully symmetrical and very high on my list of jewelry pieces I am completely and totally jealous of.
36.gif
Princesss, that comment put such a huge smile on my face! Thank you!!!

I promise I''ll take more pics later on...my camera battery is charging at the moment! And thank you once again to everyone for such wonderful comments!
36.gif

It''s strange but I think I may have the opposite of the infamous shrinkage syndrome....every time I look down on my ring the diamonds seem to get bigger and bigger! Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to take good fire shots? My ring throws off some wonderful colors but I can''t seem to capture it...

Thanks, everyone!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 6:05:57 PM
Author: ephemery1
Oh Jen I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!! It is sort of like a cousin to mine... same size, very similar setting, just pears instead of rounds. And the pears look amazing!! I really loved the look of pear sidestones, but DH insisted he liked the rounds better, and I figured I may as well give him SOMEthing...
2.gif

You must be so excited... does it feel wonderful to have it on your finger?? Congratulations!!!

Oh and here are some things I found and saved about people who wear ovals:

• Feminine, individualistic, well-rounded, and innovative women enjoy the oval cut diamond.

• An oval diamond is classic enough to reflect your femininity… while being unique enough to show off that individual style you’ve cultivated.

• For example, the luxurious oval-shaped diamond conveys an impression of luxury, regardless of how it is worn. Fun-loving women who often let their true wild side shine through are drawn to this diamond shape.

• You have all the same values of a round but there is something inside you that cries out to be different and not go with the crowd. Oval wearers make great wives! On one side they are predictable, stable and dependable but every now and then they have a wild hair and let loose!

• Because of its elongated shape and curvature, it is considered a very classical and elegant diamond. The oval diamond ring is a timeless engagement ring that flatters the shape of the hand and will always remain in style.

• Oval: You are fun loving, creative, and down to earth.

• The graceful shape of ovals catches the eye of the feminine, individualistic, and creative woman who enjoys the arts.

• Oval: Creative, individualistic, well-organized, dependable, willing to take chances.
Thank you, THANK YOU, ephemery! Your ring actually influenced my decision a lot...I was choosing between a cushion and oval at the end, just like you. I''ll be sure to save this list...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results