shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm curious to know...

stci

Ideal_Rock
If you wear many rings in same time?

When I was youg, I had 4 rings per hand. It was the fashion!

Now... I wear only one ring per hand and you? =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd admission coming up – in actuality, I dislike wearing rings. :oops: I like to wear them occasionally as a safe way to enjoy looking at gems but even with one ring on the hand, I take it off as soon as I’m at work and just admire it sitting on my desk. Don’t get me wrong, I love looking at beautiful jewellery but wearing a ring bothers my finger.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1296658435|2840558 said:
Odd admission coming up – in actuality, I dislike wearing rings. :oops: I like to wear them occasionally as a safe way to enjoy looking at gems but even with one ring on the hand, I take it off as soon as I’m at work and just admire it sitting on my desk. Don’t get me wrong, I love looking at beautiful jewellery but wearing a ring bothers my finger.

Chrono, Send them to me, I'll wear them!!!

I wear four to six rings a day. :shock: I also wear mostly black and very little makeup (only lipstick really), so my rings are the only color I have. I also have been told, I look like a ghost (very pale), so thank goodness for my rings. While the rest of me looks like it stepped out of a black and white movie, my fingers don't. I also wear them for my enjoyment, and not to be fashionable. I could stare at them all day. :love:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
One one each hand at max. Normally to work I wear just a plain gold ring I bought in Italy many years ago, when gold was much cheaper.

stci

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1296659241|2840582 said:
One one each hand at max. Normally to work I wear just a plain gold ring I bought in Italy many years ago, when gold was much cheaper.

I don't know your age but do you remember when gold was sooo cheap? In the 70s you could buy jewelry for almost nothing. It was wonderful! And I think this is why we could wear several rings and chains at once.

stci

Ideal_Rock

Wow! I'm surprised! :razz:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
These days I wear rings only on my left hand, on my wedding ring finger, one or two(stacked) at a time. If I'm working on something very messy (ink, paint, baking) I don't wear any jewelry except earrings. I'm sure my husband sometimes wonders why I keep on having more rings made when they get worn so seldom!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually just wear my ER and wedding band on my left hand but occasionally will wear a right hand ring too. But as soon as I get home I take off all my rings as I too prefer the feeling of no rings. I also take off all my other jewelry too that I might be wearing as soon as I get home. Though I love the look of it all I enjoy being unencumbered by jewelry once I am at home.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
stci, I remember gold was trading in the 70's in the 70's. Was it '78 when the inflation caused so many to run to gold haven and gold shot up to the high-mid-300's. Oh how my father and uncle fought about grandpa's cache of gold coins which no one ever found (except in father's fantasy where uncle found them and stole them, which fantasy was then used as justification for the ensuing 25 years of the silent treatment, as if THAT were a punishment!). One ring, sometimes a second one on same finger.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear one per hand. If I wear my watch I wear one ring period. I don't generally do more than that because I hate for my rings to rub together.

I also tend to wear a lot of black, gray, and tans...you know, neutrals (they tend to travel best) I save color for nails and rings. even my lipsticks are often neutrals.

-A

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
One ring per hand... Anything more than that reminds me of a waitress at a truck stop :tongue:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
On my wedding ring finger I stack 2 diamond half-eternities & an emerald & diamond half eternity. Usually wear a small ruby pinky ring on left hand & very occasionally a plain engraved rhr band w/an inset tanzanite. At home I wear only the pinky ring, no others; they get too messy around here.

--- Laurie

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soberguy|1296662926|2840644 said:
One ring per hand... Anything more than that reminds me of a waitress at a truck stop :tongue:

I guess it would be me... :lol:

I believe in "lucky" items and always wear at least two. I also wear my father's baptismal cross. Then another pendant; currently it is Lisa's tanzanite. A small ring with a ruby from Gene which I pushed on my middle finger and now can not take it off. Also, I have to wear "new" items because it's fine.

My clothes are rather neutral. In short, I am more like TL; if only I had her stones! (sigh...)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid I suffer from Chrono-itis; I too, rarely wear anything other than my e-ring. I can't stand anything remotely tight on my fingers, especially on my right hand, and that's probaby why I've been more interested in pendants and earrings lately. I think I'd rather photograph my rings than wear them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still wear many rings on one hand, especially the right hand. i've reduced it to the middle three fingers, however.
left hand is down to two......wedding band and e-ring on the traditional finger and another ring on the index finger of that hand.
i'm always asked if i make my jewelry and/or if i'm an artist.........

MoZo

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I rarely wear jewellery and before I was engaged I never wore rings as I hate the feel of them.

If I'm out I now wear my wedding set on my left hand and my 3-stone RHR that I got when Daisy was born on the middle finger of my right hand. They all come off when I get home - at work they usually came off as well and just sat on my desk in a box!

I hate the look of lots of rings at the same time. Here you only see it in poor areas and they tend to be very cheap rings and there's nearly always a gold coin ring in there somewhere. It's considered a bit chavvy I'm afraid...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I wear one ring on my left hand and one ring on my right. I think for me anymore than that would look way overdone. I also take my rings of as soon as I get home. As much as I love my rings, it drives me nuts to wear them at home.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Cind11 said:
I wear one ring on my left hand and one ring on my right. I think for me anymore than that would look way overdone. I also take my rings of as soon as I get home. As much as I love my rings, it drives me nuts to wear them at home.

Same here, engagement ring on left hand and one of my RHR on the right. And once I get home, the rings come off.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only wear my ering now b/c I've gained weight and the others don't fit. Before tho, I usually wore rings on ring/middle/pointer on both hands. When I start getting these stones set, I'll be in TL's camp again, wearing multiples.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ER and wedding ring on one hand and RHR on the other.

However, I don't have an actual ER (in my husband's culture, the wedding band is the ER also), so basically I wear a ring with my wedding ring but it can be anything from diamonds to rubies to emeralds to alexandrites etc depending on what I wear - I never get bored!

I've also got 2 wedding bands - a yellow/white gold ring and a platinum band. That way I can have yellow or white days!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
On most days, when my job is hands on, I just wear my e-ring and wedding band on my left ring finger. If I have an admin day or it is a weekend I try to wear one of my colored stone rings on my right ring finger. But that is if I remember, which does not always happen. I never wear more than that.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear wedding band, sometimes e-ring and when I am going out I will slid a RHR ring on, but that is all.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear one ring on my left hand ring finger.

I wore one on each hand once or twice but it felt weird.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm careful so no jewelry at home. For work I wear my er and wb and a right hand ring, or I wear a coloured stone ring on my left ring finger only.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Me, too. I love my rings, I just don't like the feel of rings on my fingers. But when I wear them out I usually were 2 on left and 1 on right.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I feel naked without a ring on each ring finger, but I generally stop at that. Sometimes I wear one on my index finger in addition to those two. These days it's my wedding set on the left and something different every day on my right.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's usually just my wedding set on the left, and CS RHR.

Occasionally I'll wear a thumb ring that has a sapphire in it on my left hand. But that's about it.

My rings are pretty understated as far as these things go, and I don't wear earrings, and habitually wear a small diamond pendant. So all in all my jewelery isn't particularly conspicuous unless you're a jewelery person. My ering is a simple solitaire, and my CS rings are all solitaires too in the 6mm area.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, and here I thought I must be in the minority for wanting rings, but always wanting to take them off! I too take everything off the minute I walk in the door to my house. The most I ever wear is two rings - on on each ring finger - and they usually end up sitting on my desk for the day after the first time I take them off to put on hand lotion! Oh, we are a weird but wonderful group :lol:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, all but my wedding band come off my fingers when i hit the door.

MoZo

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Occasionally I do this, and I like it!

I only remove my jewelry prior to bedtime, or when I am cooking / washing up.
I always wear earrings, and I always wear a pendant.
I wear a CS ring on my left ring finger most of the time....
I occasionally wear a plain-ish RHR.
My Grandmother's Gold Wedding Band no longer fits, I'm afraid...

IMG_0207.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results