shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m about to put a deposit down...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock

.89 carat H&A RB
6.11 X 6.15 X 3.83
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal
Color Grade: H
Clarity: SI2
Fluorescence: Negligible
Table: 57%
Depth: 62.5%
Crown: 34.9
Pavilion: 41.1

Comments: Surface graining not shown

It has a inclusion on the side around one of the arrows. But it's well hidden.

Does this look like a nice stone? I haven't really seen a picture of it but I don't want to get it and be disappointed after it's all said and done.

Brilliancescope.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
with SI2 you should see a picture......., unless inclusions don''t bother you........

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Inclusions do not bother me as long as I can''t see them.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2004 1:45:15 PM
Author: Jenga019
Inclusions do not bother me as long as I can''t see them.
that''s what you need to find out!! only looking at the diamond can tell you........

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
I have a copy of AGS certification, there are no inclusions in the table and there is one semi long line around one of the arrows. Tim from GOG told me it was eye clean.

The reason why I am asking what everyone thought of it was because we were originally going to have it shipped to an appraiser and check it out but if we send it back and forth and everything that can be very costly. So I was thinking if it looks like it will be a nice buy then I might just buy the diamond and have them set it there and then send everything to me but I am just hoping that I like the diamond. I don''t want to get the ring and be disappointed. Or we were thinking of having the diamond shipped to us so we can see it and then have it set somewhere around here at a local B&M. Any advice?

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Here is the picture that Tim sent to me. The inclusion is at the top.

.89magnified.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending it to an appraiser to look at the inclusion is not nessecarily a benefit. everyone has the ability to "see" inclusions differently. what tim and an appraiser might not see, you may be able to. and vice versa! that being said, i am sure tim would not underestimate the prominence of the inclusion. chances are, you will be getting a really good stone. but, if you have any trepedation, i would suggest looking at it personally. you don''t want to spend that kind of $$$ to see, or even think you see something!! maybe you can have the stone shipped for examination, then send it back to gog for setting? that way they are responsible for the stone during setting and not the local guy.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Just got an email....More shots will be coming tomorrow morning!!!
36.gif
So then maybe it will help me make my decision on what I want to do!!

Inclusions don''t really bother me, I don''t think. I went into a local B&M on Saturday and they were totally selling me on an I1 diamond. I could see the inclusion on the diamond but I had to stare at it really hard! But then after I saw it, I knew it was there. It looked like it was on the surface. I have seen other SI2''s in the stores and i can never find the inclusions in them. So hopefully the same will go for this stone.

How about it''s results on the brilliancescope? Should I be concerned that it only scored a medium in white light???

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do whatever it takes to make yourself feel confident about your decsion and you''ll do fine!
curious, do you have any scope pics?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong, but the crown and pavillion angles seem to indicate a steep-deep combo diamond. This would mean an area of light leakage under the table, leaving a dark spot in the middle. Combined with the so-so Brilliancescope, I would pass on this diamond. Just my $.02. I am just a consumer, but this would not be my choice.

Shay

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
No, I don''t have any scope pics. The pics I posted were the only ones I got.

Shay-really? you would pass on this diamond?? This diamond search is really frustrating and I thought I found the one!!!
7.gif
What a disappointment!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry; but, yes, I would. If I am going to pay a premium for an AGS ideal, I am going to get every bit of sparkle from it that is possible. I have seen much better B-scopes. I know numbers cannot always tell the full story, but here are numbers and a B-scope that are adding up to a less than ideal diamond IMHO. I am sure Jonathan has much prettier than this one. Call and ask him. He''s always glad to help.

Shay

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
The price for this diamond is 3403 which I didn''t really think was too bad considering a lot of the .89-.90 ideal cut diamonds are selling 3800-4000+
So I might be able to deal with the little flaws unless it''s something major that will make the diamond look really bad.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t let the numbers play with your mind. I really think you need to see it. Or trust the person who is seeing it, in this case GOG. Or spend the money to have it looked by an independent. Or spend the money to see it yourself.

I wouldn''t worry myself too much just because one person''s opinion is that he/she''d pass. We all see things differently and you''ll never really know until you see it for yourself. You''d hate to pass up a really good stone if you liked it once seeing it.

Good luck with your decision.

~kmom
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick add for you. I ran the numbers through the HCA and it came back a 3.0 (very good, worth buying if the price is right) VG, VG, G, VG. What does all this mean, maybe a lot, maybe nothing. You have to decide if it''s right for you. This may involve seeing it. Just to help you understand why I would pass, I don''t have an option of looking at a diamond before I buy it. I really love kick-a$$ B-scope results for that reason. If I have a couple of things that I question, I usually move to another candidate. (I''m cut obsessed BTW) If you think it''s worth a look, then it is. Good luck.

Shay

TLS

Shiny_Rock
i would pass on any diamond that came back with a medium for brillianscope, especially for a hearts and arrows. you can definitely do better .....good luck!

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Jonathan is going to walk me through everything he sees in this diamond tomorrow. He says that "the diamond DOES happen to be a beautiful stone and does display strong fire in direct light conditions and very good brilliance in diffuse light conditions."

From your descriptions of what it should look like, I was picturing a diamond with sparkle all the way around it but the center just being a black hole and I started to get scared. haha!

In the meantime, here is another stone I found (not from GOG though) that sounds really nice in case Jonathan can''t find anything for me:

.84 AGS 0 RB
6.06 X 6.10 X 3.74
Polish, symmetry, proportions: ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1 (barely any inclusions)
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.5
Crown: 34.7
Pavilion: 40.4
Culet: Pointed

It''s a little bit smaller than the first one but someone told me that it''s minor and you won''t be able to tell the difference. I ran it through HCA and it got a much lower score than the first one, it was either a .6 or 1.6, can''t remember.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That second stone has great specs, and the diameters are so close, I don''t think you would see the size difference.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures of the .89 from GOG!! If this is what a diamond that scored a 3 in the HCA looks like, I would LOVE to see a picture of what a diamond that scored lower than that looks like. Is there that much of a physical difference?
33.gif

.89GOG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results