carat
color
clarity

I'm a wreck- Oreo was injured this morning

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1402659844|3692267 said:
Elliot, continuing to send good thoughts and healing vibes her way. I hope she starts feeling much better very soon. ::)

Thank you Missy, and thank you for sharing Tommy's ordeal! He is so handsome! I feel better reading stories from those who have successfully worked through an injury.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness - I just saw this thread. I'm so sorry that Oreo is injured. What an awful feeling that must be. DH thought he broke EQ's leg once when she darted in front of him and he tripped over her. A trip to the ER vet and lots of $$ later and she was walking fine. :lol:

I do hope that Oreo continues to feel better and that the x-ray doesn't show anything too serious.

Sending out healing vibes {{}} for Oreo and hugs for you and SO. Please keep us posted.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear Oreo has not broken anything. Cats are usually very hardy and resilient, so hopefully she'll back on her feet and back to her mischievous self in no time.

DK :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's Oreo today?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1402668553|3692345 said:
How's Oreo today?

She is pretty down still. She doesn't want to sit with me, doesn't really want to be touched, all understandable. We need to go buy a crate cage today (never needed one before!) so we can enforce cage rest properly without making her feel even more isolated or scared. She did finally leave the bedroom. I put her box bed on the floor but panicked when I saw her trying to jump up to the shelf it is normally on. For now I am just carrying her. When I see she wants up we go up. When she pokes her head out to use the litter pan or eat I carry her back down.

I am so grateful to have the best boss on the planet so I can do this today.

It is awful seeing such a normally happy and spirited cat so subdued because of pain.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Based on what the vet said, its only a matter of time before she is good as new. When my now 4 year old cat was a kitten and we had her home for only a few weeks, my son accidentally stepped on her paw because he was not use to having a kitten underfoot. I was in the room and heard a crack sound and she let out a sound similar to your Oreo. After an emergency vet visit and xray I was surprised to also learn it was a bad sprain. Even with the crack sound I heard she didn't break a bone. She could not bear weight on it for weeks and limped around. Then one day she walked on it normally and it was like she never injured it. I still rember how sick I felt and sitting at the vets with my kids. My son (now 11) will never forget! But I guarantee my sweet kitty has no memory of it. Scary for sure.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1402669861|3692359 said:
Based on what the vet said, its only a matter of time before she is good as new. When my now 4 year old cat was a kitten and we had her home for only a few weeks, my son accidentally stepped on her paw because he was not use to having a kitten underfoot. I was in the room and heard a crack sound and she let out a sound similar to your Oreo. After an emergency vet visit and xray I was surprised to also learn it was a bad sprain. Even with the crack sound I heard she didn't break a bone. She could not bear weight on it for weeks and limped around. Then one day she walked on it normally and it was like she never injured it. I still rember how sick I felt and sitting at the vets with my kids. My son (now 11) will never forget! But I guarantee my sweet kitty has no memory of it. Scary for sure.

Yes! This makes me feel so much better. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember in the first few hours of shock that it won't last forever for her and eventually her body will heal. The scream, the limping, the noise her leg made when she fell... awful! I am so happy to see that your cat made a full recovery from such a similar ordeal!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Has your vet prescribed any pain medication for Oreo? We gave EQ liquid kitty-morphine before and Tinkie had a Fentanyl patch after her surgery. Cats have a way of hiding their pain from us, so it's hard for us to tell when they are in pain or how much pain there is. But, from the sounds of it, you're definitely noticing a difference in her, so I'd venture a guess that she's in quite a bit of pain. I would ask the vet for some type of pain relief for her. Poor girl :(( I hope she feels better soon.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1402673762|3692404 said:
Has your vet prescribed any pain medication for Oreo? We gave EQ liquid kitty-morphine before and Tinkie had a Fentanyl patch after her surgery. Cats have a way of hiding their pain from us, so it's hard for us to tell when they are in pain or how much pain there is. But, from the sounds of it, you're definitely noticing a difference in her, so I'd venture a guess that she's in quite a bit of pain. I would ask the vet for some type of pain relief for her. Poor girl :(( I hope she feels better soon.

Oh that is already covered! I don't know 100% if it is working but she is sleeping a lot today which is unusual for her. Normally she is up all day and sleeps at night.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Poor Oreo! I just now saw this thread. Hopefully the vet is right and isn't broken or dislocated. But that surely had to stretch things in ways that nature never intended. Ouch, damn, ouch. :cry: I hope she gets a good report when they do the xray.

You're probably getting tired of the war stories, but when I was a teen, the family cat we had (female) got outside, disappeared into the woods, and was gone for almost a week. Then she literally dragged herself back home with a broken pelvis and broken hind leg. The vet said she was probably hit by a motorcycle or dirt bike. She healed well and had no mobility problems. She lived to be 17 or 18.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely not sick of the war stories, keep them coming!

I just gave Oreo a nice long Reiki session and she is blissed out on my lap sleeping again. I am so glad she was down for an afternoon snuggle :appl:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like she's in less pain now and is calming down. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that poor Oreo is now on the "good" side of this misadventure and that every minute from now on will bring her more relief from pain and fear. I hope that every minute also brings you relief from stress, Elliot. You are a great mother!

Hugs,
(((Elliot)))
Deb

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1402681628|3692482 said:
I am glad that poor Oreo is now on the "good" side of this misadventure and that every minute from now on will bring her more relief from pain and fear. I hope that every minute also brings you relief from stress, Elliot. You are a great mother!

Hugs,
(((Elliot)))
Deb

+1

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1402680262|3692466 said:
I'm definitely not sick of the war stories, keep them coming!

I just gave Oreo a nice long Reiki session and she is blissed out on my lap sleeping again. I am so glad she was down for an afternoon snuggle :appl:

It sounds like Oreo is already taking a turn for the better. Bless you for taking this on.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a scary and upsetting experience. Glad to hear Oreo is doing better today.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm just seeing this now!

I'm so sorry this happened. I totally understand where you are... I panic HARD and it kills me when one of my babies gets hurt.

I am glad it doesn't appear to be a break.

Poor Oreo. Did they give her pain meds?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Poor Oreo!!! :( I hope she continues to feel better.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our four legged friends become such a part of our families. I am so glad that your Oreo is going to be okay. I was going to say I was sorry not to have seen this earlier, but actually, I am glad I did not so that I did not have to worry so long about how things would turn out.

Keep us posted!

Wink

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oreo is so lucky to have you! I'm sure she deserves you, too. An x-ray will probably put your mind much more at ease, judging from what the vet said. It's terribly painful to see our buddies hurting, but it does get better & as others have mentioned, she will be her old self again & not remember that it happened. Unlike you! Chin up, it will improve -- getting Reiki, I want to hurt myself at your house!

--- Laurie

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1402674511|3692414 said:
Lil Misfit|1402673762|3692404 said:

Oh that is already covered! I don't know 100% if it is working but she is sleeping a lot today which is unusual for her. Normally she is up all day and sleeps at night.

Great point about the pain meds. I forgot to mention that my kitten was also sent home with pain meds. Glad Oreo got some pain relief. I'm glad sharing the story of my sweet girl helped. I bet Oreo will be just fine like my cat.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh Oreo, poor baby! But you're an amazing mommy and she's getting all the love and care she deserves! I bet she will be better in no time.

I understand how you feel though. I would be distraught, stressed, freaking out, anxious and upset. It happens every time Livi aka "the goat" eats something she's not supposed to. But, she always pulls through. Oreo is a trooper! He's gonna be great! And with mommy by his side, he will heal just fine!

I'll be thinking of Oreo and sending warm vibes and dust!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just reading this now too. Hope Oreo continues to improve quickly. It is so difficult when they are sick or injured and you just can't explain it to them.

Sounds like it could have been much worse so things to be thankful for. Best wishes to Oreo and to you - I feel your pain!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh poor little Oreo! She will be on the mend soon don't worry mummy! Big kitty hugs from across the pond xoxo

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Oreo's in that impetuous teenage phase. They miscalculate, and they do silly things. Like my cat who climbed the bookshelves all the way to the top of the 12' ceiling. Then I had to go get a ladder to get him down. :rolleyes:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update before I get back to my massively overdue work :lol:

Xray was totally fine, no tears or fractures yes!!! She has been walking gingerly but steadily not hobbling, though we are still forcing her to rest. All is well, even though now there is no way I am getting an engagement ring before 2017 ;( :cheeky: She's worth it. I will post a picture of her when I return.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been following your Oreo saga from the beginning, & have enjoyed it--so happy the X-ray didn't show anything worse than a bad sprain!!

:appl: :appl:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update! Nice to hear good news!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1402767188|3693198 said:
Quick update before I get back to my massively overdue work :lol:

Xray was totally fine, no tears or fractures yes!!! She has been walking gingerly but steadily not hobbling, though we are still forcing her to rest. All is well, even though now there is no way I am getting an engagement ring before 2017 ;( :cheeky: She's worth it. I will post a picture of her when I return.

Oh, say it ain't so! Surely you are being hyperbolic?! Of course she's worth it, though, I would hate it for you that this took so much away from your e-ring fund. At least you have found PS so you can make the most of your leftover funds if need be and not wait until '17.

Hugs again to you, SO, and Oreo. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Elliott, you're such a nice cat mommy, I wish I could buy you an e-ring right now!! :wavey: My Joey says "Meeeeow." That means, "Me too!"

---- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results